Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:43:48 AM

Author Topic: Having a few issues with Mach  (Read 9830 times)

Offline SWATH

•  48 48
    • View Profile
Having a few issues with Mach
« on: March 26, 2011, 12:56:08 AM »
Here are a few of them.  If you can help me solve any of these please help, I'm a little lost.

1. When jogging, the axes continue to move for anywhere up 3 sec or so after I release the key. A few days ago this was not happening the axes stopped on a dime as soon as I released the keyboard key. Also the DRO does not change while the axes are moving anymore, they only update after the axes stop moving which did not happen before.

2. Sometimes the axes stutter and freak out making all sorts of noise (and losing steps) when doing simple moves. I can jog around at 75IPM and it's smooth, then I do a G0 move (also at 75IPM) in the MDI and BWAAAGGGAGAGHHHAGH. I have a macro which sends the Z to a tool change position and it always does that even if it is an G1 F10.

3. Somehow something has changed where when I reference all home the X axis no longer does anything the light just flips to green without the table even moving. I didn't change anything to do that that I can tell.

I can post my .XMLs if that would help

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Having a few issues with Mach
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 04:16:13 AM »
Yes please attach your xml but the first two problems sound like a few things, one is you have your acceleration way too slow or that you have the kernel set to one of the higher settings and it is bogging your computer down. The last problem sounds like you have disabled the X home switch in Ports and Pins, Inputs.
Hood

Offline SWATH

•  48 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 11:14:59 PM »
Well an odd thing is the supplied xml for the machine worked just fine when I first got it, then I started using it and all of a sudden I experienced these problems I guess about the time I started modifying my screenset.  So naturally I reverted back to the unmodified backup .xml but the problems are still there.  Attached is the unmodified backup (and is labeled with backup in the title) and the one I had been using (labeled default).

Offline SWATH

•  48 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 01:46:46 AM »
Here is a video of some of the problems:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfIdWuzBM5Y

BTW, I meant to say the Z axis homes fine and the Y axis homes fine but the X axis does not move.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:53:47 AM by SWATH »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 03:38:00 AM »
First thing I see is in the 2.0 1610L profile default 3.2 .xm you do not have the X axis home switch enabled, so that is why it is not homing.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 04:58:54 AM »
Ok for your jogging issue. You have the Jog mode set to Step and 1 inch movement so one press will move the axis 1 inch. Change it to Cont and you should be fine.
Its on the flyout screen that you can change it (Tab key)
Hood

Offline SWATH

•  48 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 03:53:17 PM »
Whoa that is weird, I've never messed with the X axis input signals I don't know how that got disabled but I check it later on the machine to see if it fixes that problems.

I didn't explain the jogging issue well enough.  I keep it on Step for small positioning moves but hold the shift key down when doing long continuous moves, it steps fine but the long continuous moves are what is lagging I try to mess with this later to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 04:08:17 PM »
You need to change it to continuous if you want to use it for jogging. If you want Fast or slow jogs then you can set a Slow Jog % and when in continuous mode it will jog at the % you set, if you press shift and a jog key it will move at full rapid. Step mode will only move a full step then stop no matter whether shift is chosen or not. Because you have 1 inch chosen as the step increment as soon as you press the jog key the axis will move one inch and wont stop unit its moved that distance.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 04:12:34 PM »
Actually I have just learned something new, having it in step mode and pressing the shift key does in fact override the Step mode so I stand corrected. Possibly your Shift key is not working?
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 04:21:49 PM »
Can I ask, are you by chance using the arrow keys on your keyboards numeric pad?
Hood