Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 02:18:04 AM

Author Topic: LC Secured Manual  (Read 2726 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
LC Secured Manual
« on: March 19, 2011, 10:43:37 AM »
I noticed that the Mach3 Mill and Mach3 Turn Manuals are not “SECURED” PDF documents where the LazyCam Manual is a “SECURED” PDF document and thus I can’t copy any parts of it.

I don’t know the reason why some PDF documents are secured and some not but I would have liked to copy parts of the LazyCam manual to a Word document and organize some subjects in my own way of learning along with my comments.

Is there any way to get an “UNSECURED” version of the LC Manual?
Nicolas

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: LC Secured Manual
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 07:58:55 PM »
Nicolas,
I wrote the LC Manual and allows printing only.
It's the way I want it to be.
RICH

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Re: LC Secured Manual
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 12:29:50 PM »
I don’t want to argue with you RICH but my opinion is it should not have been like that. You have done a good work on that manual and you should have allowed the users the flexibility to do copy / edit whatever they want from the manual.

I have purchased a lot of software on line and the manuals have never been “Secured”. Most recent was Mach3 where there are the Mach3 Mill and Mach3 Turn manuals and none is “Secured”. I just can’t see the reason why a manual should be secured.

Allowing printing only does not give you the flexibility you want to add your own comments under certain paragraphs and to highlight important text to draw your attention

I’m currently evaluating to purchase three CAM software and no manuals in any one is secured and that’s the way it should be
Nicolas