Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:44:18 PM

Author Topic: Multipass - Changes...  (Read 3941 times)

Multipass - Changes...
« on: March 13, 2011, 06:07:26 AM »
Hi,
I am using Mach 3 with great success to machine patterns for lost was casting. One of the features I need to machine now and then is a slot where the depth of the slot is greater at one end than the other. Previously I used the multipass feature on the Mach 3 program run screen. I would generate the G code using the dxf converter then edit the G code manually to put a different Z value in at each end of the slot.
When the multipass function is being used, the tool sets off down the slope but the Z inhibit holds it a constant Z increment - next pass it sets off down the same slope but goes further down by the Z increment again. This works perfectly.
Having recently upgraded Mach 3 following some corruption problem or other- the new program run screen does not have the mult-pass feature - it has been replaced with the Newfangled solutions multipass wizard which is great....but I don't think it will do what the old function did.
My question then is can I get the old function back? If I upload the old screen set (1024.set) will the multipass function come back and work? I could cope if I just go the Z inhibit back on the screen.
Ian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Multipass - Changes...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 06:21:42 AM »
Config menu, Ports and Pins, Mill Options has the Z Inhibit, never used it but sounds like what you are looking for.
Putting the old screenset back in will likely work if its the same thing as it will just give you a screen page setting rather than haviong to go into the menus to set it.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 01:31:54 PM »
Thanks very much for this - I will have an experiment and see what I can do. I must admit that if I could have my old program run screen back I would be a happy man!
Ian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 03:23:31 PM »
I just loaded the old screenset and tried the multipass and seems to work fine so you should be ok :)
Hood
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 03:38:34 PM »
Hi,
Thanks again - I have just recovered the old screen set file 1024.set and renamed it "Old screen set.set" and put it into the Mach 3 folder. Mach 3 now starts with the new program run screen but I can select the old screen by going through the "view" "Load screens" route and my multipass function is back!
The old screen set is not filling the screen as it used to (it is full width but it is not using the full depth of the screen) - any ideas how to fix that? It is not a huge issue but it would be nice to get this right.
Thanks
Ian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 03:56:38 PM »
Ok, I see what the problem is but afraid I cant delete it. The screenset has a label way down to the right  on the offsets page and I have tried to remove in screen4 but cant. Because of this the auto enlarge is seeing it and making the screen deeper than it should be. If you turn off Auto Enlarge on the General Config page and reload the screenset then it will help but that just depends what screen resolution you are using, if its 1024 x 768 it will be perfect.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 04:46:52 PM »
Hi again - just turned off auto screen enlarge and it is perfect! Thanks very much indeed for your assistance in this - I am very grateful indeed.
Ian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »
No problem :)
Hood