Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:56:53 AM

Author Topic: Reprap 3D printing machines  (Read 7200 times)

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Reprap 3D printing machines
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:49:16 AM »
Have been looking at the Reprap 3D printers. Really a 3 axis CNC with a 4th axis to drive the print head stepper, this advances the plastic filament material. Anyone consider adding some code to Mach to run one of those machines?

Offline ASC

•  59 59
    • View Profile
    • Automation Systems
Re: Reprap 3D printing machines
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 02:51:23 PM »
I'm very interested in this idea, but haven't gotten beyond a concept stage yet.  I think driving the head as a step/direction spindle would be the way to go as you can use the spindle speed override to tune the rate of dispensing independant of the motion of the axes. 
Mr. Creosote

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 05:42:28 PM »
I just dont see what the difficulty in the interfacing can be. I have seen the repraps, darwins, mendels and makerbots. What makes them so capable that any sherline, 80/20, taig cant do? Primitive by my standards. Do I have to be first? I want to modify my A2ZCNC, it would probably be best as an extruder anyway
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 01:58:53 AM »
I just dont see what the difficulty in the interfacing can be. I have seen the repraps, darwins, mendels and makerbots. What makes them so capable that any sherline, 80/20, taig cant do? Primitive by my standards. Do I have to be first? I want to modify my A2ZCNC, it would probably be best as an extruder anyway

Someone has to be first, why not you ?  ;)

Start a new thread, post details of your progress and many more will follow (me included).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »
My intelligence level gets in the way. There is not enough of it! Next time I go to the robotics meeting where the printers are, I will have to talk the people who are already experienced. the gcode is the same just some temperature settings and dwells.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 12:28:36 PM »
You make it all sound so easy, go on and build one - after all, how hard can it be ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 12:59:56 PM »
A link to someone using Mach3 for 3d printing.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5233

When I have time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 03:39:42 AM »

Someone has to be first, why not you ?  ;)

Start a new thread, post details of your progress and many more will follow (me included).

Tweakie.

Hello Everyone,

We have been developing a "plug n' play" system for some time now...and it's getting very close.

Has it been easy ??? hell nooooo!!

I will post back to this thread when we have something to show  ;)

Best, Printbot3d

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 03:54:43 AM »
A link to someone using Mach3 for 3d printing.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5233

When I have time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Mike

Nice find Mike thanks for sharing.

More reading for me to do.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 08:18:05 AM »
You make it all sound so easy, go on and build one - after all, how hard can it be ?

Tweakie.
Not very hard at all it appears. It only took 3-4 engineering students at USC! :-)