Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:51:47 AM

Author Topic: Spindle control setup  (Read 2430 times)

Spindle control setup
« on: July 04, 2011, 01:40:44 PM »
Is there a setting to turn the spindle on without a pulsed output? I have a Paxton/Patterson lathe and mill that I have switched over to Gecko Drives and Mach3. I just want a constant high active signal to pull the spindle relay in with an M03. When I check diagnostics now, I can see the output pulsing and the spindle sounds like hell as the relay keeps opening and closing. I've also got issues with my spindle pulse counter not reading right, but I'll ask about that later. I'm just trying to fix one problem at a time for now.

Offline djc

•  47 47
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle control setup
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 07:27:36 AM »
Is there a setting to turn the spindle on without a pulsed output? ... I just want a constant high active signal to pull the spindle relay in with an M03. When I check diagnostics now, I can see the output pulsing...

You are confusing spindle switching (on or off) with spindle speed control. You shouldn't use the speed control to do simple switching.

Config, Ports and Pins, Spindle Set up. Relay control. Untick 'disable spindle relays'. This now means that Output #2 is high for clockwise spindle, Output #1 is high for anti-clockwise spindle. Both are low for spindle off.

You then have to map Output #2 & #1 to a physical parallel port pin in Output Signals tab.