Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:52:22 AM

Author Topic: Mach2 slowdown  (Read 4348 times)

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
Mach2 slowdown
« on: January 25, 2006, 10:40:58 AM »
Hi,I've ignored this problem for a while,rather investing my time into learning the basics but I'm feeling a little righteous and demanding lately and wondered if anyone could address the fact that Mach2,after a few changes/page clicks/close file-open new file,etc, freezes my machine miserably.I turned off everything else the machine can run in the background before starting Mach2.
I thought it was the Dell I dedicated to the machine but I put Mach2 on my super clean ,super everything,Sony Vaio laptop and even after exiting Mach2(I do understand that the program takes over ,slowing most things up while running it) the machine behaves like it had a 6502 for a processor...s-l-o-w!
Any advice?-Keith

Art

Re: Mach2 slowdown
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 10:50:26 AM »
Hi Keith:

The slowdown is due to a process interfering. When you exit MAch, all should be as it was before. No slowdowns should exist. Have you done th eoptiising steps from the site? This usually cures that trouble. It could be anythign from the ACPI to hyperthreading doing it to you, but its worth a search, none of my systems ever lock up, or slow down, and Im only using a 1Ghzx on one, and a 2Ghz and a 900Mhz respectively on the others. SO I suspect some optimising will help..

Regards,
Art

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 11:04:31 AM »
That's good news.I figured something was amiss.I looked on the Artsoft page but couldn't find the 'optimizing' you refered to,can you give me directions to this section?Thanks,Keith

Art

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 11:39:32 AM »
Hi Keith:

Goto www.machsupport.com , its on one of the main buttons..

Thanks
Art

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 02:12:32 PM »
Done and done. Lean and mean! Not a 'hiccup'!
Last thing I want to do now is get the annoying 'start up icon' at the beginning of the Mac2 screen,the distributor deemed appropriate to tag the software with (it's a pumpkin and Einstein?????)I guess an update will take care of that.-Thanks ,Keith

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 03:01:10 PM »
One question in that optimize,can you think of something I might have disabled that won't allow a defrag(as is suggested as the last step in optimization)?Just discovered I can't.-Thanks ,Keith