Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:13:37 PM

Author Topic: Will only run part of G-code program  (Read 3051 times)

Will only run part of G-code program
« on: March 03, 2011, 10:27:24 AM »
I am new to cnc and for the past year have been trying to get this machine to run. Thanks to this forum, I seem to making some progress. My problem right now is any program that I transfer from V-Carve will start and run fine, "up to 500 lines of G-Code "and then stops. I know that my programs are Ok
 in V-Carve, because I have loaded Vectrics free trail "Bulls Head program "and it does the same. 500 lines of G-Code and then stops.
Could there be a wrong setting in the Mach 3 configuration? Any help would be appreicated.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Will only run part of G-code program
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 10:50:42 AM »
There is a 500 line limit in Demo.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 06:20:32 AM »
Thanks Hood,
I thought that was probably the problem. However I don't understood,  mach 3 came in the download disc from the machine manufacture when purchased. I can find no reference in my computer on mach 3 licensing and don't understand why it is in DEMO MODE.
Do I need to contact license@ machsupport about unlocking demo mode? MAXNC the manufacture out of Arizona has gone out of business, so I can't consult them.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 06:27:28 AM »
It will depend what MAXNC gave you, if they just bundled Mach with it then chances are they were not selling you a licence as part of the deal, however if it was meant to be a licenced version then likely you would have had an email with a file called Mach1Lic.dat. If you find it just place it in the Mach3 folder and start Mach and you should be good to go.
If you were not sold the licence as part of the deal then you will have to buy one if you want the full version.
Hood