Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:59:51 AM

Author Topic: Help with rs232 modbus and teco sensorless vector drive.  (Read 2785 times)

Help with rs232 modbus and teco sensorless vector drive.
« on: March 01, 2011, 03:10:59 PM »
  Hey guys,
     I have a converted RF45 bedmill here that I have been running with a CNC4PC C11g board and I have it wired up to run my Teco sensorless vector drive with the analog output 0-10v. I also wired up an external relay to give me FWD and REV direction and speed control. I recently learned that I can control my Teco via modbus and an RS232. Now Teco sells an RS232 interface but someone alluded to another way to wire it directly. I would love to hear how to do this and how to properly wire it up. I would love to free up the two relays on my C11g board to be able to control my power drawbar and my flood coolant as well as other stuff.  The board only has so many inputs and outputs and I would really like to keep this thing as simple as possible and not have to buy additonal computer cards and output input boards if possible. Any ideas here would be great. Thanks and peace

Pete

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Help with rs232 modbus and teco sensorless vector drive.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »
Think Peter Homann talked about this, maybe give him a PM and see if he can help.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 05:44:28 PM »
 I have heard of him, I know a few guys have done this before now.  My VFD is a Teco JNEV-203-h1 Sensorless vector drive. I have a single unused DB9 port on my controls computer and I am READY WILLING AND ABLE TO LET THE MAGIC SMOKE OUT!!! peace

Pete
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 10:18:01 PM »
Strike that apparently it must be RS485 from what I understand.... Not sure how to begin here but would LOVE for Mach to control the Teco thru a db9 port like this... anyone?  anyone?  Ferris? peace

Pete