Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:50:50 PM

Author Topic: Question regarding dsp ,control boards  (Read 4796 times)

Offline R

•  2 2
    • View Profile
Question regarding dsp ,control boards
« on: February 27, 2011, 06:12:39 AM »
Hello, I'm trying to understand the difference between dsp based control systems and mach 3 based motion  control boards. ( this being for laser engravers marketed online).  Most of the Chinese laser engravers provide dsp control but this does not say a lot, and i,m not sure if it is compatable to the mach3 software. I,m familiar with the Mach 3 software but need an explanation regarding Mach based control hardware and other 'dsp,' control boards.

Please advise,

Regards.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Question regarding dsp ,control boards
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 07:42:47 AM »
R,

Most, if not all, of the budget priced Chinese lasers operate by 'printing' from a software such as CorelDraw using a proprietary 'print driver'. Their operation is generally more in the Raster mode than in the Vector mode.
Although Mach3 has limited Raster capability it's real strength is with Vector operation and the implementation of GCode toolpaths.

Having said that I am having great success using Mach3 in Raster mode and the results with my laser are equal, if not better than those of many Chinese machines.

Tweakie.

PEACE

Offline R

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 04:38:41 PM »
Thanks  tweaky,

I,m now looking at purchasing this laser hobby system by full spectrum engineering. They use a mach3 compatible board wondering if you have any insight with their products?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 02:24:13 AM »
I have never purchased anything from them so cannot comment one way or the other.

You may like to check out some of the threads on the Zone http://www.cnczone.com/forums/full_spectrum_laser/

Tweakie.
PEACE