Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 02:14:50 AM

Author Topic: Mach Problem!  (Read 2834 times)

Mach Problem!
« on: March 04, 2011, 03:59:33 PM »
I have had my router (Cam-Wood) for about 2 years now and it has been functioning perfectly. However, today I was running a program and the computer froze up. When I rebooted the message said External EStop Requested. I have unpluged power to everything and restarted and still get the same error. I don't know what else to do? I have unplugged everything blew it out and replugged it in did not help.

Thank you,
David

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach Problem!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 04:05:24 PM »
Do you have limits and E-Stop button on that machine? If so then it will likely be one of them that has a broken wire.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »
I do have e-stops and limit switches.

The E-Stops stop the whole machine so I know that they are not a problem.

I examined the limit switches and they all seem to be fine, no broken wires or anything like that. Maybe one of them is bad.

How can I tell if the machine has a connection to the computer? is there any way to test that? I ask this because I still get this error when I disconnect the computer from the machine entirely. Could it be a bad board in the computer?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 04:52:12 PM »
Disconnecting the computer will give you the problem as your limits are most likely normally closed switches, so when you disconnect the  machine from the computer you are breaking the circuit and Mach sees it a limit being triggered.
To check that the port is still being seen correctly you can go to Config menu then Ports and pins the Inputs and change the active state of your limit switches, this should now allow you to reset Mach. If it does then either your active state got changed some how or there is a problem in the wiring or port, the only real way to test would be with an ohm meter if visual inspection is not finding anything.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 02:45:59 PM »
Figured it out this morning! Thank you for your help! It was the PCI Card in the computer. It went bad, replaced it and it works perfectly.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 03:28:47 PM »
Good to hear :)
Hood