Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:26:28 AM

Author Topic: Motion plugin for virtual hardware(for tests) - lets share our knowledge  (Read 35408 times)

Re: Motion plugin for virtual hardware(for tests) - lets share our knowledge
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 02:12:09 AM »
Kind of:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,19697.0.html

I have created real motion controller and shared the code. But due to small interest I have not developed it further ( it does work, but it would require much more testing)
Jarekk, in your example, Mach_vmotion, the jog hotkeys not working on that is?

regards
Well - I do not remember. I think they should work as both hot keys and Mach buttons end up calling same motion function
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 02:13:16 PM »
Hi Jarekk !

I tried to compile your project, and I did not succeed, VC + + gives an error:

fatal error C1083: Не удается открыть файл включение: _TrajectoryControl.h: No such file or directory
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 02:07:03 AM »
Well, did you install the Mach plugin wizzard ? (this file comes from there). It is described in the documentation
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2012, 10:00:02 AM »
Hi!

I have a problem interfacing Mach3. I tried to use Engine->Trajectories, and I found that
1) it has data only when running g-code (from Program Run or MDI tab), but not when driving with keyboard;
2) shown position in mach3 doesn't change when running g-code, only using keyboard - however, Engine->Trajectories[ x ].Points change.

In the implementation found here, I also found MainPlanner->Movements, but in my case, it is always filled with zero values. I use Windows 7 64bit system, without the parallel port driver. Is it possible that in this case, mach3 doesn't plan trajectory, and I should fill MainPlanner->Movements data?
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
Well it is not a bug - just feature.

1)  This is Mach feature. Motion plugin get only g-code data. For homeing, keyboard etc. you have to calculate the trajectory yourself. See example in my plugin
2)  Motion plugin has to update the coordinates shown in Mach itself. Again - see my plugin for example.

There is a lot of junk in Mach - not all data is actually filled or used. But you will never find any documentation about it. So do not touch MotionPlanner
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 02:15:40 PM »
I see... I ran into an other problem: I cannot control time step for planning. I set
MainPlanner->ExTime = 1e-6;
MainPlanner->ExternalType   = EX_VMS;
but after initialization, ExTime becomes 0.04 (at 100kHz kernel setting in printer port). If I change it back to 1e-6, motion is carried out normally, but very slow. I want to change time resolution for planner because I have a step/dir converter that requires single steps. Is there an easy way?
Hi Jarekk,
Don't get discouraged at the appearance of low interest in you work. I believe you opened the door for
many to make products from your example and they just lurk.

I decoded the spi protocol for cheap calipers and scales around 1999 and many people took the
information(ie Shumatec ) and made products. I did it for Wilfried Fedtke
See  http://rchobby-net.de/start.htm. It took days of staring at a scope and checking the
bits relations with respect to counting in unkown format.
I felt like they didn't share any mention of me, but later some did add credit to some faqs.

So I thank you  and praise your hard work and spirit of sharing. Please let me know if you ever need help in
electronics or software.
Best Regards -Lee