Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:19:21 PM

Author Topic: I Need A help  (Read 6068 times)

Offline sa

•  1 1
    • View Profile
I Need A help
« on: March 06, 2014, 03:41:07 AM »
Hi,

i need some one to help me to write a G-code according to this note.

The drawing represents a 2.9" long piece of hardwood, 1" in diameter (not necessarily drawn at full scale.)  Assume the use of a right-cut tool (T1) with a maximum depth of cut of 0.1", a spindle speed of 1500 RPM, and a feed rate of 3 inches per minute.  Assume ½" of the 2.9" length to be in the chuck, with the chuck face at Z=0.  (The Y-axis is labeled assuming ½" is in the chuck.) Start the tool even with the edge of the stock, and 0.1" to the right. Include a cut-off routine (T3, feed rate of 1 IPM) so the final piece is 1.9” long and return to the starting point at the end of the program.

Challenge: Write efficient NC code to machine the part on our lathe.  First, use absolute coordinates. Then write the control code again using relative coordinates. Two separate programs are due. 

thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: I Need A help
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 06:45:48 AM »
Hi Sa,

Very few people actually write their own GCode nowadays although someone may rise to the challenge.

Perhaps best if you draw your part in CAD/CAM (plenty of free versions available) then use it’s post-processor to create the GCode.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 07:28:48 AM »
sa,

Why should we do your homework?

RICH
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 07:47:08 AM »
Instructor mislabeled the cross axis, and made no reference to Tool nose radius.
and this is what students are learning to be educated in CNC?

Offline Eli

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 02:48:44 PM »
I'm at a point where I need one on one help. Anyone near Monroe NY who is willing to give up some hands on time for a reasonable fee, please email Eli at 1american@optonline.net and I will explain what I have and what I'm looking for. I built a plasma/router machine over 2 years ago and I have yet to cut anything. Thank you.