Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 09:05:55 PM

Author Topic: VB and modIO + macropump.ms1  (Read 4924 times)

VB and modIO + macropump.ms1
« on: February 16, 2011, 03:38:08 PM »
HI,

I have started playing with the ModIO and some Macropump.

I read the manual from Peter Homann page by page but there's something I do not understand.

I have checked a lot of macropump and Vb on the net and thet all saved under the name Macropump.ms1

Here's the stupid question.

Since you cannot have many files having the same name, all macropump must be contain in the same macropump.ms1

I cannot have a macropump.ms1 for the LCD read out and another for fro potentiometer and so on, right

So how do I write the macropump if all applications must be is the same macropump.ms1.

Hope my question is not too stupid.

Anonymous   ::) ::) ::)   

Jeff
Re: VB and modIO + macropump.ms1
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 03:51:38 PM »
FYI -
It is possible to have more than one "macropump" - i.e. multiple scripts that are run periodically.
They can also all have different run periods. They disk file names of the scripts will not all be called "macropump.m1s".

I make use of this ability in MSM (MachStdMill).

The ability to do this is fairly recent and few people seem to have figured out that this is possible in current version of mach - this is why when searching past posts you won't find a lot of references to this ability.

Get the Mach programmers from http://machsupport.com/docs/Mach3_V3.x_Macro_Prog_Ref.pdf and look at
StartPeriodicScript and StopPeriodicScript

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 06:43:07 PM »
Thanks Dave

I've downloaded the manual but don't understand much of it.

For example, I have a file named macropump.ms1 in the macro folder, this is for LCD display

I try to write another macro to set FRO with a potentiometer, when it is time to save the macro, what will be the name for it. (cannot overwrite the 1st macropump.ms1)

This is because I follow Peter Homman's manual and so far, did the output test, input test, lcd read out and the MPG which is not running very well. (I think this is pin 6,11,14 and 15)

The MPG respond but the 0.0001-0.0010-0.0100-0.0100 and 1.000 display does not respond at all. No matter which one I use, always the same displacement.

On the calibrate MPG page, the step indicate 1 or 4, sometime 5 when it ask to give one click to the MPG.

I'm now trying the analog input with pot for feed rate override with no success so far.

Jeff

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 02:00:09 PM »
Any ideas for the macropump.ms1.

Jeff
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 06:40:47 PM »
Just because you have one macropump.ms1 doesn't mean it has to be limited to only one function.  Write the code to update your MPG then following that write the code for the LCD.  It will all execute when Mach runs macropump.ms1 (usually 10 times per second). If you want to keep your code separate you can put each function in a macro...Like the LCD can be M1200 and the MPG can be M1201, then in macropump.ms1 just put...

code "M1200"
code "M1201"

It's probably faster to just combine it all in macropump.ms1 though.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 07:03:21 PM »
Thanks a lot for the information

Jeff
Just because you have one macropump.ms1 doesn't mean it has to be limited to only one function.  Write the code to update your MPG then following that write the code for the LCD.  It will all execute when Mach runs macropump.ms1 (usually 10 times per second). If you want to keep your code separate you can put each function in a macro...Like the LCD can be M1200 and the MPG can be M1201, then in macropump.ms1 just put...

code "M1200"
code "M1201"

It's probably faster to just combine it all in macropump.ms1 though.