Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:37:50 AM

Author Topic: no step signal to my driver  (Read 4199 times)

no step signal to my driver
« on: February 11, 2011, 05:13:00 AM »
hello forum ,I,m converting my tos milling machine to cnc ,I am using pacific science stepper motors and pac sci ma6410 drivers with opto isolators and i have installed mach3 as a controller . the problem i have is that the system runs for a while the stop working , what i have found, the step signal to the drive card looses it's current , the directional signals seems fine and the parallel port seems to be switching , at first i thought it was  the cable so i replaced it and every thing work for a sort time before the same fault reappeared has anyone any ideas on how may resolve this issue..... derk
Re: no step signal to my driver
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 07:25:52 AM »
Hello Derk, is there an error message in the ticker window when it stops ? also, does it go into reset (blinking) mode ?
Re: no step signal to my driver
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 01:39:31 PM »
In the end i added a pci parallel port card and re loaded mach3 and drivedr, the parallel port on the mother board was on the system twice as two ports both with different addresses for some reason ! ,,,, any  install a pci parallel port and change the setting in the config of mach3 and it  work first time on all axis ,,,, going to leave for a while then reboot the computer and see if it still work ,,, Never got any messages or blinking thank,s for the reply