Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:05:06 AM

Author Topic: Uneven cut on letters  (Read 8093 times)

Re: Uneven cut on letters
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 02:28:59 PM »
After looking at the code closer, it was a bit goofy.
The Z made a jump at roughly every 256 lines ... from -.0625 to -.1125
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 02:32:36 PM »
Your friends v-cave sofware is an illegal copy.  There are some copies floating around on the net of the vectric software and they all have this problem.  They all work fine except for the z-axis which is set to constantly either ascend or descend from the intial dept set.  Vectric was smart and leaves out certain parts of the code for their software until you actually purchase it from them.  The correct post processor code is one of those pieces left out.

Keith
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 06:31:13 PM »
Well that explains that. I was going to buy it anyway, but thought I'd give it a try to see if it was as good as everyone says it is. And It is. I thought it was strange that my Cut2d ran steady and his VCarve didn't. Man, this was starting to drive me crazy.   Now I have to learn how to read G-code. Thank's for the help.
Mike Kearns
noveltysigncarver.com
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 10:05:08 PM »
Would I be smart to buy the VCarve pro manual? I think the one they've got for sale is for 5.5, but do you think it would be a wise purchase anyway?

Thanks Mike
Mike Kearns
noveltysigncarver.com

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 02:23:49 AM »
Hi Mike,

Glad you got it sorted and working OK.

The Vectric online help / manual / tutorials are pretty good and should answer any questions you have using VCarvePro. Alternately the Vectric forum is an excellent source of info for all their products.

(it has taken me some 18 months of savings to buy VCarve Pro and I don't have enough left for the manual  :'( :'( )

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 08:23:00 AM »
I know what you mean. None of this stuff is cheap. But compared to some of the other software and the features this has, it's pretty reasonable for the money. It's all I'll probably ever need. But still didn't really want to spend the money on it right now. I've got a few sign orders to do, so really didn't have a choice. I used to freehand them. This will be nice not having to do that anymore.
Mike Kearns
noveltysigncarver.com