Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 05:02:06 AM

Author Topic: Fanuc 3 axis drive  (Read 8672 times)

Fanuc 3 axis drive
« on: February 12, 2011, 09:47:54 AM »
has anyone connected a FANUC A06b-6058-H334 3 axis drive to a galil card?

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Fanuc 3 axis drive
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
I could not find the manual on that drive, but I think it uses PWM as input.  So direct connection to a Galil would not be possible if the drive is indeed PWM based.  Do you have the manual for it?

Steve
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 02:56:43 PM »
I got the machine for nothing without any documentation or backup files. it has a fanuc o-mc control that lost its operating software (ladder, parameters) and would be costly to have someone wright new thats why im thinking of changing to mach3 and galil. I would rewright myself but I dont have fanucs software and hardware.
I think your right about the PMW. options?   

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 09:27:36 PM »
You could probably do an analog to PWM converter circuit.  But you would need to know the PWM range that the drive uses.  Hence the need for a manual.

Steve
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 09:52:25 PM »
If you have the serial number and the model of the machine Fanuc USA or the OEM builder might/should be able to supply you with the ladder and original parameters. You just need to find someone with FapLadder programming software, edit it if need be and some means to reload it, Serial port or Media card. If Fanuc ever worked on the machine they do make a copy of them, the Machine tool builder would be the best source though. Other than that I'd say SOL, way too many variables that need to be addressed. You could get a similar ladder and parameters but the chances of being the same are Not good.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 01:06:03 AM »
thanks guys. I called fanuc to try and track down the retrofitter that installed the controll by the serial number of the control and they weren't any help.
id rather have a control that I can work on myself anyway. is there an analog to PMW converter available or is it something I would have to make?
also where can I find the manuals for the drives A06b-6058-H334 3 axis drive and A06B-6059-H203 spindle drive?

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 01:51:04 AM »
You were talking to the manual source (Fanuc).  :)

There may be more to it than a converter board.  Those drives are digital and may use a very proprietary means of communication.  The manual is key to finding out if it can be done at all.  If it can work, then you can search for analog to PWM converters that may work based on the information in the manual.

Steve
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 10:34:48 AM »
I was hoping someone had done this combo already so I don't wast time and money researching something that is not feasible.
what about the motors do you think there would be a problem driving them with different drives? 

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 03:07:16 PM »
Unfortunately, no one has done this to my knowledge.  So everything here is pure speculation.  And I have no idea what those motors require.  There are a couple of guys on the CNCZone that may be able to answer your questions about the drives and the motors.

Steve

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 07:20:46 PM »
I would really stick with what you have if possible.

The OMC is a great control and to get Mach working as well with pitch error and backlash comp working properly will not be cheap.

It will be cheaper to get  a Fanuc engineer for a day to reload software and ladders onto the machine. Not to mention the time it takes to set Mach up and get it working to the standard of the Fanuc OMC (if it's even possible?)

A Fanuc engineer can modify an existing ladder and he will have the correct software etc to hand.

Whats the machine?..I might be able to help.

John