Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:17:26 AM

Author Topic: If I don't have a none integrated graphics board what happens?  (Read 3557 times)

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
If I don't have a none integrated graphics board what happens?
« on: February 16, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »
As the title says, Is some weird Sh%t going to happen?
ray.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: If I don't have a none integrated graphics board what happens?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 06:48:48 PM »
Ray,
I am assuming that you mean you have on-board graphics on the motherboard. It may or may not affect your pulse quality and thus steppers don't work too well.
Some pc's allow ou to turn off the on-board graphiccs and install a card. To do that you may need to set a jumper on the motherboard. Only way to know is try it.
RICH

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 10:35:59 PM »
Sorry, yes I have an on board and I'm not using steppers so I guess I'm OK.
Thanks.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 02:47:40 AM »
Ray,

Try it an see.
If it doesn't work well then install a PCI or AGP graphics card and see what happen then.
The problem here is that some PC's work OK with onboard graphics and some don't and you never know which sort you have until you try it.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 03:05:13 AM »
You will only have the chance of pulsing problems if using the parallel port, as you use the DSPMC then you will have no issues with onboard graphics.
Hood

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »
Thanks Hood.
ray.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 09:54:03 PM »
If you are doing a lot of graphics from the same computer then you should have a graphic card with memory I use ASPIRE and a couple of other cad programs and when I tried to use them the screen would freeze on me for maybe 1 or 2 minutes then move on to rhe next operation. the graphic board with the required memory I think 3 or 4 megs solved that problem. I do some 3d designing and carving though. the on board graphics card is not fast enough . That would be your biggest problem. Design programs reqire a lot of memory and spped to work well. I also have 1.5 gigs of on board memory. if you use windows 7 it is twice that . Just remember graphics mean graphic boards memory and more memory. Just my expereince.