Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:29:22 AM

Author Topic: Motors just quit - can't reset  (Read 3024 times)

Motors just quit - can't reset
« on: February 03, 2011, 10:34:16 PM »
After checking the x and z axis's, went to checking the y axis - travel (40" / slaved / one ball nut mount kept loose checking against a registration mark - thus no binding).  10000 steps/unit - 80 ips - accel 6 / ran each of the axis at full speed.  Everything working good.

Using jog control now set to 10% and other than small noise change carriage moved smoothly - 15".  Changed to 20% / reversed direction / ran 2" - motors just quit / reset button began flashing.  Could not reset.  Nothing on CNC or computer was touched prior to problem.

Went to diagnostics's page / no yellow flags / checked config / motor outputs / input pins / all same - no changes.  Checked all limit switches - all working showing yellow flags when activated   Won't reset.

Turned power off and checked y axis ball screws - no binding.

If program placed in offline, reset can be activated.

Problem appears to be in the program - I'm lost / need some help - what do I do?

Gyro John

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Motors just quit - can't reset
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 02:01:13 AM »
Please attach your xml.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 10:50:12 AM »
After a good cold night it just starting working again.  BTW I could not find an .xml file - only something marked as an xml document.  Is this what you wanted?

Do you know how to make the jog display stay in a selected position as opposed to returning to screen center position?

Seems to me I landed a glider in a field somewhere around Carnoustie some almost forty years when I lived in

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 01:09:22 PM »
There should be a few xml files in your Mach3 folder, one called Mach3Mill.xml, one Mach3Turn.xml and another Mach3Plasma.xml there may be more if you have custom profiles. Not to worry anyway if you now have it running.

Not sure what you mean by returning to center but the jog screen should stay where you drag it even after a shutdown of Mach, the next time you press the tab key it should remember how you set it.

When you lived in?

Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 01:48:30 PM »
The jog does not - just inconvient. 

Lived in and flew gliders out of Aboyne, Scotland from 1969 to 1978 - oil business in those days .  Makes me homesick when I think about it.

John Clarke

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 03:19:02 PM »
Never been to Aboyne, always took the other road at Banchory on my way to Alford.
Hood