Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:50:17 AM

Author Topic: Newbie here and needing help  (Read 2551 times)

Newbie here and needing help
« on: January 31, 2011, 08:55:29 PM »
hello all: I have been trying for several days to get a Taig Mill w/1/4hp motor with 4 servos running to a xylotex controller ver4 up and running. I acquired mill from friend who had for about 1.5yrs used couple times then boxed it up till week ago when i got it.    I have contacted Jeff at Xylotex and he gave me links to some xml files tried them today and i get nothing but a white screen when i start Mach3. drives lock up but no control from desktop(xp 512ram, 32mb video) i have set and reset everything many times and at total loss
someone please help.
Ian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie here and needing help
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 02:17:03 AM »
Go to View menu then Load screens and then if its not looking at the main Mach3 folder browse there and choose 1024.set

Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 10:03:12 AM »
ok not sure what you mean to do can you give a little bit more explanation.
Thank you for responding, i gather not many people use a xylotex 4axis controller with mach3.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 03:27:46 PM »
Ok you said when you tried with one of the provided xml's you got a white screen and I was presuming that was because the xml has a screenset loaded which you do not have on your computer. If that is the case then you should still see the menus at the top, File, Config etc, do as I mentioned above and you will load the standard screen and should be able to see whats happening.
Hood