Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:09:57 PM

Author Topic: problem after licence install  (Read 2251 times)

problem after licence install
« on: January 28, 2011, 09:27:13 AM »
Im not sure if you are understanding so here is what you need to do. Go to the control panel in Windows to find the ports address. Click on Start button in Windows then go to Control Panel then System then Hardware then finally Device manager. The look down the list and expand the Ports and choose your PCI port, might be LPT1 or 2 or...... double click it then go to the resources tab and look at the address, see the screenshot below, it will be the first 4 digits, not the same as them but... well you get the idea. Once you have the address you go to Ports and Pins in Mach and enter that value for Port1

Hood

Hood,
I wasn't sure who could help, so I will asked here. I just purchased the license for Mach3.
I have been using Mach3 for a while and it was working fine. I downloaded the latest ver.
before saving the license file to the folder, and went through the process. I have loaded the
same info, ports, pins, motor info, everything I could find into the new profile.
But now I have nothing. No control of the machine at all. But when I go back to the old
profile the machine works..

Sounds like a driver problem, but I don't know where to start.
I get a screen flash when starting the new profile,"Driver Version_104".
Don't get this on the old profile.
Thanks,

Mark

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: problem after licence install
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 10:17:03 AM »
Hi Mark - welcome to the forum - moved this to a new topic all of your own rather than have it on the end of someone elses.

Just use your old xml file/profile and everything should be fine.

Ian
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:20:37 AM by stirling »