Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 11:49:27 PM

Author Topic: incresing speed on stepper motors  (Read 28182 times)

Re: incresing speed on stepper motors
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2011, 11:41:23 AM »

Still unsure if my current motors are good enough. I have the 286's currently mounted but I also own from a previous build the 276's.
Have you looked at and understood the torque curves I posted yet? BTW- Hint - there's info missing - what don't they tell you?

Ian

I am not 100% sure what those charts mean.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2011, 12:07:03 PM »
I am not 100% sure what those charts mean.
Then I'd have to say your nowhere near deciding on a PS or drivers or anything else yet.

I'm not trying to be difficult here - believe it or not I'm trying to save you wasted money and another disappointing system. Why not read the whole thread again - there's a lot of good stuff in it about where you should start.

Ian
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2011, 12:21:38 PM »
Thanks Ian - will do.

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2011, 04:21:33 PM »
I understand speed of the motors are controlled by velocity and acceleration. How do I make my motors go faster without them stalling on me? I see other machines cut really fast and mine seems slow in comparison when I see machines in videos.

If you don't have resonance dampeners installed you might want to look here and here.

I made and installed them for each axis and the difference is night and day.

Vogavt
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:31:45 PM by Vogavt »
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2011, 09:27:57 PM »
I read through that first link - a lot of great info. Will have to try the other later, can't pull up cnczome.com at the moment.

THANKS!!!
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2011, 09:35:10 PM »
Thanks for all the help folks....

I have learned a lot and now realize I have a lot more to learn. Before posting this I did order a 37v 10 power supply and that did arrive today. So that will be nice.

Everytime I learn something I always find there is something else I still need to learn.

Thanks