Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:41:40 PM

Author Topic: Setting steps per unit and pin assignments  (Read 2546 times)

Setting steps per unit and pin assignments
« on: January 18, 2011, 02:52:26 AM »
Hi,

This morning ive finally got my servos working with mach, trouble is they arent! My firat problem is with pin assignments for step and direction, i have the x working as the y and the y working as the z, if i change the pin asignmnets it makes no difference, i remember this from a previous installation, i simply swapped the wires around then, should i do that now??

The next one i also remember from before but i dont remember how i got over is the steps per unit, if i use the set steps per unit macro the axis will move 35mm no matter how far i ask it to move and when i put in the new number of steps per unit the axis still moves 35mm??? Any ideas, i know i had the problem before but i dont remember what i did, i was initially worried about native units but that is correct so im not sure??

Any help would be appreciated

Matt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Setting steps per unit and pin assignments
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 06:48:54 AM »
Do you have Max CL or Max NC chosen?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 08:49:23 AM »
Hood,

Sorry for showing my ignorance, what do you mean by manx nc and max cl??

Matt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 09:06:22 AM »
They are two modes you can set if you have one of Max machines and set the pins etc internally in Mach to suit these machines. However if you dont have one of these machines and you have one of these modes set then you will not be able to change things like motor output pins.
To see if you have them chosen look at Config menu then Ports and Pins and on the right side you will see them.
If you dont have them chosen then obviously thats not your problem so if you can attach your xml I will look and see if I can find a problem.
Hood