Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:53:31 AM

Author Topic: Help with Modbus I/O with Brains  (Read 22499 times)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Modbus I/O with Brains
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 06:43:09 PM »
YAY !!!!!!!!   IT WORKS !!!!!!!

Thanks very much to Scott, Peter and Paul for the help.

Now I look at the settings and see they really are very basic.   I don't know why I struggled so much to get it going.  Obviously I am not so smart.

A couple of pics of the settings for any reading this who are interested.

Greg
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:30:43 PM by Greolt »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 08:10:22 PM »

The only bit that I do not get is  Formula(A*4000)

OEMDRO99 ranges from 0.0-1.0  so that would give you a range of 0-4000

scott
fun times

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 08:37:33 PM »

OEMDRO99 ranges from 0.0-1.0  so that would give you a range of 0-4000

OK I get it.  I have never used that DRO. 

I use "Overriden spindle speed DRO  202 "  Which reads in RPM.   So as the max RPM is 24,000  then I divide that by 6 to give max value of 4000 out to VFD  (400hz = 24,000 RPM)

Anyway thanks very much for your help so freely given.  It is much appreciated.

Greg
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 07:23:47 AM »
Update

Got it working today. The Brains worked with no problems. Our mayor problems beside the ones about the VFD Manual not right about the coils offsets was a cheap Chinese USB to RS485 converter we have tried another converter which worked but also gave use Blue screens of death as well. which also had the same chip set as the Commfront adapter both share the same chip and driver. The variation in performance is therefore not centered around these components rather other areas of difference between the two devices. The Commfront device seems to offer additional features including opto-isolation, static protection and in built 120 ohm terminating resistors.

This adapter - worked faultlessly. http://www.commfront.com/USB-Serial-Adapters-Converters/Isolated-USB-RS232-RS485-RS422-Converter.htm

Thank you  to all that Helped

Regards skippy

Offline sebba

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 01:41:31 PM »
Hello,

I have a DZB200B Fulling inverter and I've make 2 brains for spindle control.
The first brain is for passing commands for FWD RUN, REV RUN and STOP and the second brain is for speed setting (RPM)

In the first time the both brains was running OK (on my home computer, for testing only) but after more testing and "improvements", the first brain stop working. More exactly, the brain seems running but the RUN/STOP commands aren't passed to the VFD. Even a saved brain or a new created brain for RUN/STOP don't pass commands to the VFD.
Second brain (speed setting) still running OK and also the RUN/STOP commands could be manually passed to the VFD.
I blamed the W7/64bit and I "moved" both brains to the workshop where Mach3 is running on a 32bit XP.

Initially everything worked as expected but after 2 days (and maybe some Mach's configuration modifications), the SECOND brain stop working.
In the same way like before.
So, the second brain (for setting spindle speed) seems to be working (in brain view) but it's output value is not passed to the VFD.
I also can set this value manually so I suppose is not a communication problem

Another problem, with the third brain: Third brain is for reading the spindle speed. And the brain seems to run OK but the reading value is not passed to the Spindle speed DRO, OEM 39. This is happening on both computers and this brain was never pass this value to the DRO.

Any hints for these issues? Many thanks in advance,
Seb
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 08:31:36 PM »
As some people have asked for the working Brains attached in the "VFD Brains_working.zip" are both Brains VfdRun.brn and VfdSpeed.brn also have attach the screenshots from the Brain editor for each of the Brains.

Regards

skippy