Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 03:25:04 PM

Author Topic: Can't seem to process gcode  (Read 2559 times)

Can't seem to process gcode
« on: April 03, 2011, 12:47:37 AM »
I have Mach3 (limited version at the moment) connected to a Kalil DMC-2030 controller over a serial port. I know that the serial may give me problem but I figured for testing Mach3 it would be OK.  I can connect to the controller and jog in all three directions. But if I attempt to run any sort of gcode either via a program or the MDI menu it does nothing. If I step thru the program it just hangs at the first G0 and in MDI mode it just beeps at me. I Turned on the plug-in debug log and while I can see the commands for jog, don't get anything from the execution of the gcodes. Since I'm new to this program (non cnc) it could be just something else I have not configured correctly but at the moment I'm at a loss and don't know what to fix.

Not sure if it is related to this problem but I can not get the referencing to do anything either so my machinge coordinates in Mach3 do not align with the machine.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:54:48 AM by bflorac »
Re: Can't seem to process gcode
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 03:01:41 AM »
OK, got this to work, not sure what I did. I ran for a bit in simulation mode just so I could understand the interface better and then  picked the Galil controller again and it seems to work OK now (or better anyway). After I got it to work, it switched to the USB interface and as suggested, it does work a lot smoother. This could be helped if the plugin used the intelligence of the Galil controller to do some of the work....

I still can't get it to "home" or reference but perhaps it is not supported or I just don't understand something but that will be a different thead...