Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:38:04 AM

Author Topic: Brain Design.  (Read 5469 times)

Brain Design.
« on: January 01, 2011, 11:58:11 PM »
Hi Guys!
I'm very new to the brain subject. I have a very big problem to create a brain. I know every thing is working fine, I mean my MODBUS board and the rest of the setup. The motors are moving and the switches work fine. I had a lot of luck to make a very simple brain and test the switches and MPG. I do not know how to combine them together. I cannot find any manual about how to create brains  and what the commands in the brain menus mean. Many of these commands are meaningless to me and I cannot find any explanation. I'm sitting at this forum and searching with no luck. I'm losing my patience and I do not know what to do.
I will specify my MODBUS connection and if someone would like to give a hand and help with brain creation I would  appreciate the help . Thank you very much.

INPUT
Axis switch: (OFF - P3, X - P4, Y - P5, Z - P6, A - P7).
Override: (X1 - P0, X10 - P1, X100 - P2).
Encoder: (A - P8, B - P9).

OUTPUT
Spindle - P0, Coolant - P1, Vacuum - P2

Regards
Dion
  ::) ???

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Brain Design.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:43:37 PM »
1). see Member docs "Brians Uses Guide
2). what does your "P" equal, is this Pins on a Port? if so, what type of Input or output are you mapping
those pins to in the Ports and Pins under inputs and output pins?

scott
fun times
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:54:49 AM »
Hi Scott!
Thank you for the reply.
I have a PCB board which has 12 INPUT on one side and 12 OUTPUT terminals on the other side. I call them (P) for PORT, if I'm correct.
I started from INPUT P3 because before this port is (GND and +5V)pin. To every port or pin I attach coresponding wire from MPG as I described on my post.
I created brains to every port or wire attached to the terminal (MOD:0-P:0--No Operation------MPG1Count) and MOD:0-P:1 up to -MOD:0-P:9---). When I started flipping the switches, every thing was fine and I saw the digits changing from (0) to (1) on the brain menu. That was simple but to make it to work with Mach 3 to change the real functions, I have no idea how to make it.
I looked at the "Brains Uses Guide" But I do not understand that or I would say most of that. I watched the video tutorials over and over and over, and i see it is created for advanced programmers or people who know very well how to do this.
From that I see if you would like to be CNC operator you first have to be a programmer and mathematitian. Many of these terminologies and functions are not uderstandable to me and I can not find any explanation what it is for and how to create a brain and how I have to use this function. I would like to find a tutorial about the commands used in the brain menu. I would like to find a explanation about every idividual command and what is hidden under any command or function. I guarrantee you that many people have the same problem as I have. I think that a  special manual should be created not for programming people but for everyone.
This is only my suggestion.
I see you are very active on this forum, May be you will have  more input towards the people who creating this tutorial videos to make something different and more for everyone.

Regards
Dion
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 02:20:16 AM »
Sorry Scott I found a mistake in ma firs post.

It should be:

INPUT
Axis switch: (OFF - P3, X - P4, Y - P5, Z - P6, A - P7).
Override: (X1 - P8, X10 - P9, X100 - P10).
Encoder: (A - P11, B - P12).

OUTPUT
Spindle - P0, Coolant - P1, Vacuum - P2

Sorry for mistake.
Dion
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 05:45:36 AM »
http://www.machsupport.com/videos/

Look at this, they're 2 video about brains.

Jeff