Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:32:50 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 2010 Screenset - Now available  (Read 553485 times)

Offline Toad

•  58 58
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 2010 Screenset - Now available
« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2014, 12:10:28 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate your help.
« Reply #211 on: May 21, 2014, 02:04:49 AM »
Hi Gerry,

Big thanks for this great 2010 screen set!!! It really helps focusing on the important parts.

One question:
As you can see from the attached screenshot there's a line/cell showing-upn at the very end of the 2010 screen (in fact - it seems to be a copy of the feed rate). Is there a reason for this? If not how can I get rid of it (besides adjusting the screen size accordingly)?

System: Win 7 Pro (running in Parallels VM); Mach 3 Version R3.043.066; 2010 screen set latest version.

Many thanks

Wolfgang

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2014, 07:49:57 AM »
There are other items outside the screen besides jsut that one, and they can't be removed, as they are used by the screenset. The best thing to do is just drag the window to fit the screen. Or use a 1024x768 monitor :)

You should go to General Config and uncheck "Boxed DRO's and Graphics", which will remove the lines under the numbers in the DRO's.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #213 on: August 10, 2014, 10:29:41 PM »
Hi Gerry,
my screenset is up and running and it looks really good.  i am having an issue with the "Simple Auto" and "Initial Auto" zero though.  
i loaded the Brain you provided to a gentleman not to long ago ( i did need to alter the brain "Input1" to a "Modbus input 13 address").  I am using an AJAX MPU11 and DCio3B boards communicating through ethernet.

The probe input LED lights up and it seems like it should work.  However, when i press either of the buttons (initial zero does move the position i call out)
Z basically pauses.
Moves up .05
Z zeros
Then moves .750 up (value i have loaded into the "clearance plane" setting)

it never tries to make the 6" z travel the the macro calls out trying to find the probe.  Nor does it try a second time to probe. almost like it is already made.

if i place a item over the probe input prior to pressing either auto zero it displays " Z grounded check connection and try again" per the macro.

I am sure this is a setting i have incorrect, but cannot be sure.
Please advise.
Thank you,
Matt

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #214 on: August 10, 2014, 11:37:30 PM »
Could be one of two things.
The plugin for your Ajax board may not handle probing correctly, or perhaps it doesn't work right with the Brain.

Or, noise is triggering the Probe input.

Since it moves to the clearance plane, I'm assuming your seeing a message that probing is complete? That typically is an indication of noise, but I've seen several instances where plugins have not handled probing correctly.
Gerry

2010 Screenset

« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2014, 03:44:40 PM »
Thanks for the fast response!  After thinking about it, I believe you may be correct with the ajax board not working correctly with the brain.  It does state "Z axis is now zeroed" when complete. 

I don't think it is a noise issue since it is repeating the same sequence every time.

My hardware has a dedicated Tool Setter Input on the PLC , and the motion controller (MPU11) has a dedicated Probe Input.  I currently have it wired into the Tool Setter (which is what i want it to do), but maybe it needs to go directly into the Probe Input.  I guess I should find the probe wiring diagram and give it a try.

Thanks again for your help!
Matt
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2014, 02:54:36 PM »
Gerry, what is the latest version of your screenset, and how does it differ from the 2010 version I have installed now?

Also, I have been partially upgrading and rebuilding my machine, and want to take advantage of the auto corner finding/probing feature...

What is an ideal set up piece for this (ie the metal piece that I set on the table)? What have people been using/making that has proven the best and or easiest way to go? I can have something machined if it's worth doing so...  I imagine it needs to be something fairly heavy so that it doesn't move when the bit touches it...

Also, it can find both inside and outside corners, right? or does it work only for one or the other?

Any tutorials (especially video based) that address this?

Where can I get the latest build of your screenset?
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2014, 07:06:41 PM »
 :)Gerry
Been using your great screen set for quite a while now, with no issues, apart from those caused by me
Have there been any updates to your screen set, not that I have any requirements you don't already cover
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:15:49 PM by garry572 »

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2014, 08:52:14 PM »
It hasn't been updated in over 2 years I think. If you don't have the 1.1.4 version, send me an email and I'll get it to you.

What is an ideal set up piece for this (ie the metal piece that I set on the table)? What have people been using/making that has proven the best and or easiest way to go?

Honestly, I don't really know. I've never used it myself.

Also, it can find both inside and outside corners, right? or does it work only for one or the other?

Outside corners only.

Sorry, I don't have any tutorials, as I don't actually use it myself.
Gerry

2010 Screenset

« Reply #219 on: September 21, 2014, 08:32:54 AM »
Hi Gerry

Is it possible to set the fixed touch off plate to only move in the Y axis, I was planning og attaching my fixed touch off plate to the gantry sides, so it moves along the X axis along with the gantry, thus only needing the Y wagon to move to the side to do a tool zero operation.
If this is not possible, then I'll figure something out, but it would be easier, since moving 1000-1400mm in one direction each time will take up some time in the cutting sequence.