Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 06:22:42 AM

Author Topic: Spindle Basic Setup  (Read 7427 times)

Offline Shivu

•  18 18
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle Basic Setup
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 11:23:38 AM »
Hi Kenny,

I hope you understand my situation.

Kindly implement the plugin ASAP. or if you can give me some other solution which can help me at this situation to run the MACH3 for threading operation also OK for me.

Kindly do the needful.

Shivu.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle Basic Setup
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 10:35:24 PM »
Shivu,

I hope you understand our situation.  We develop the Galil plugin and GIVE it away.  Kenny and I make no money what so ever with the Galil plugin.  It's is not part of Mach.  It is separate development effort that we did to use our Galil controllers with Mach.  And we decided to offer it freely to others that may benefit from it.

Kenny and I want to implement threading.  But it is not done nor will it be done anytime soon.  We both have day jobs that take priority.

If you cannot wait for us to implement threading into the plugin, then I would suggest going with a dspMC (Vital Systems) to run your servos.  His manual states that that threading is supported.  But I can't speak to it's ability as I have never run with the dspMC unit.  I would suggest contacting Vital systems to see if it will do what you need.

Otherwise, your threading options are limited to running stepper motors from the parallel port.

Steve