Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:35:18 PM

Author Topic: Mach speeds up on blue lines  (Read 2372 times)

Mach speeds up on blue lines
« on: December 30, 2010, 09:57:16 PM »
Hello everyone, I just now got the machine to cut what I want it to cut, I'm now having trouble with blue lines and green lines.
When I upload a dxf in Lazy cam It shows blue and green lines.
When I upload the g code in Mach still shows blue and green lines, The blue lines cut almost 3 times as fast as the green, but its all on one chain.
So the only way to run it is slow everything down for the blue lines, But then when it hits the green lines Its super slow almost not even moving.
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach speeds up on blue lines
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 04:28:45 AM »
Feed in G1, G2, G3 etc is controlled in Mach by a F followed by a number which usually represents inch or mm per min but can also be inch or mm per rev depending on the mode you are in. On a router or mill it is normal to be in inch/mm per min mode.
G0 are rapid moves and will go at the speed that you have set in motor tuning.
It sounds to me like you are needing to set these feedrates in LazyCAM so that the code goes at the correct speed, I dont use LazyCAM  so cant advise there but I am sure there is a manual in the members docs part of the forum.

Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Mach speeds up on blue lines
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 09:19:38 AM »
The feedrate in posted code from Lazycam is based on the selected tool parameters you defined in Lazycam.
Page 25,26, 30 in the manual.
RICH