Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:34:09 AM

Author Topic: Round Corners Motor tuening?  (Read 8969 times)

Round Corners Motor tuening?
« on: November 12, 2006, 12:06:41 PM »
I have a laser running the latest version of Mach III .   I have a velocity of 600 and an acceleration of around 80 on the Y and 100 on the X. The x has more weight to move and stop. I would like to cut around 300 - 400  ipm.  but I get rounding on the connors. I also have problems with small moves that have direction change. Like a rectangle .080 x 1"  the corners angle out.  If anyone has any ides let me know.  I have 800 steps per inch I tried 1600 but 800 looked better. If I get ou of CV mode it's maks nice conors but is very slow.

Thanks

Gary

Hood

Re: Round Corners Motor tuening?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 12:38:11 PM »
Certainly no expert but from my understanding I think you only have two options
1. Use ExactStop mode (can be Jerky at high speed )
2. Slow down your speed when using CV mode.

When in CV mode your acceleration and decelleration comes into play so corner rounding is a fact of life :(

Changing steps per unit will do you no good as it is the steps per unit that gives you the correct distance travelled, if you change the steps you will get scaling.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 01:40:37 PM »
It runs great in exact stop.  This question is for art. Art is there any way to have Mach III switch modes automatically. An example would be if the angle is less than 80 deg use constant velocity if greater than use exact stop. This would be a great help for the high speed machines.

Thanks

Gary

Hood

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 01:45:18 PM »
I think that setting is already there, have a look on the general config page, I am sure I saw something there last time I looked.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 01:50:25 PM »
Just had a look, see pic below :)
Hood
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 01:59:57 PM »
Just had a look, see pic below :)
Hood

I will give that a try thanks.

Gary
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 03:13:56 PM »
The version I am running dose not have those settings. I have 1.84.001  What version dose?

Thanks

gary

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 03:54:07 PM »
That screen shot is from version 2.0x . Go download the latest version. There is also a setting in the (settings screen) called something like angular velocity cv, it is close to the reset button it has two boxes one for entering degrees and another for entering speed and a button to enable it. this does what you are looking for, it will slow the machine down to the speed entered on any angle above a certain degree. 

On a side note, i have some questions about your laser. Could you post some pics and a description in the show and tell section?

Thanks,
Chad

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 05:46:06 PM »
That screen shot is from version 2.0x . Go download the latest version. There is also a setting in the (settings screen) called something like angular velocity cv, it is close to the reset button it has two boxes one for entering degrees and another for entering speed and a button to enable it. this does what you are looking for, it will slow the machine down to the speed entered on any angle above a certain degree.

On a side note, i have some questions about your laser. Could you post some pics and a description in the show and tell section?

Thanks,
Chad

Chad,

I downloaded the latest version. I am not able to find the boxes in the setting screen. I did try the ones in the general setting area. I set it to go to exact stop mode under 75 degs it had no effect it never switched over to exact stop mode. Is this feature working yet?  I also get an error that says "i,j,k words missing for arc on line 1053"  the program dose not have a line 1053 strange! When I try to run the program it just skips to the end and stops. If I hit the reset button it runs fine. Any ideas?
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 07:12:35 PM »
is it running in Demo mode?
Check under Help/About and tell me what version you are running

Thanks
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com