Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:34:40 PM

Author Topic: Ist time user  (Read 3372 times)

Offline INJ

•  2 2
    • View Profile
Ist time user
« on: April 26, 2007, 06:34:55 PM »
I am building a Plasma table and have hit a brick wall. I have bought a Logitrol Systems CNC 7.0 Amp Extra Duty driver ( 2 Phase ) + a Logitrol 700 Watt 50 VDC Coil Drive & 2 Stepper Motors to suit. The system came with no Hand Book & very little information. I have had a computer Guru set up the computer for me but he knows nothing about making this thing work. I have had this system for coming up 2 years ( a long term project ) and it's time to get it going. I do not have Mach 3 as yet but I will buy it as soon as I understand what to do with it. I need Help! If I buy Mach 3 now, do I down load it to a disc from this computer and load it into my other computer? ( the other machine has no internet available) I want to cut shapes that I draw on Auto cad 14. Do I need other software for this to happen or do I draw in another program. Any help to understand how this all works would be greatly appreciated INJ

Offline gary22

•  16 16
  • Back to the Man Cave!
    • View Profile
Re: Ist time user
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 05:20:37 PM »
I am new here also, I learned much about how Mach works at   artsoft.com  there is downloads and videos on the software that will give you a very good idea how everything works. I think that there is a program that will make a toolpath from a .dxf that autocad will output.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Ist time user
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 06:10:39 PM »
You can download Mach and use it in demo mode, it will have a few restrictions such as 500 line max code and no Run from here and a few others but is very usable especially if you are wanting to make sure things run right.

You may not need other software as Mach comes with LazyCAM which is a basic CAM programme but it is basic so it all depends on what you are wanting to do.
 If things are more complex then yes you will need CAM software to translate your drawings into code for Mach. I think SheetCAM is used quite a bit by the plasma guys so might be worth a look.
Hood