Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:01:35 PM

Author Topic: Zoom in Mach 3  (Read 9727 times)

Zoom in Mach 3
« on: October 12, 2006, 10:10:59 PM »
Loving Mach 3, but have one small request:

Please can the mouse wheel zoom be changed such that one mouse wheel intent changes the zoom factor by a much smaller amount? When you zoom in, one notch is about X2 zoom which is usually too much.  :P

This would be a great help. Could it be a parameter option in tool path config??? New display, by the way, is excellent. (I don't have an option in my mouse driver to change the "sensitivity" of the wheel.)

Next, quick question: is it possible for Mach 3 to display a "perfect" tool path (including arcs) then cut something different half way through or is it always WYSIWYG assuming hardware is OK? Happened just once before, probably my bad G code...::)

Thanks,

Richard.

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
Re: Zoom in Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 12:33:41 AM »
I second that about the zoom, I think it is a bug that art needs to look at. It was frustrating me just today.  It seems to zoom incrementally to a point then it jumps to like 200%. It basically makes the tool-path display useless, at least to spin around and take a close look at something.

Chad
Re: Zoom in Mach 3 and Fixtures
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 08:31:00 PM »
 ;D Art and team, thanks for fixing Zoom in the display window. Now perfect!! It also seems a whole lot more stable on my machine.

Just another point, it is right that Fixture 1 (G54) is not persistant (always returns to zeros) even after saving fixture? Fixture 2 (G55) etc. are fine. I'm new to fixtures but very useful now that my auto homing is working well.

Hood

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 02:11:00 AM »
Go to config menu then general config and make sure that you have "persistant offsets" checked and also make sure that you dont have "copy G54 from G59.253 on startup" chosen.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »
Okay I think we can fix that... I will see if I can find where Art is doing that in the code   ;D
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com