Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:50:49 PM

Author Topic: Weird PC Freezing Issue  (Read 6670 times)

Re: Weird PC Freezing Issue
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 02:06:15 PM »
So: set kernel to 25KHz, check for bios power savers and sit back and observe...
...Working almost all day with everything OK, then freezes in the middle of the job. I took a closer look at the event monitor, and saw that it reported system reboot without shut down at the time it actually freezes. The only useful thing that I can do (am doing now) is to upgrade to XP :-( and see if problem will disappear.

Will keep reporting.
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 07:09:18 AM »
After event monitor find out a lot of problems, I was trying to repair Win7, which didn't help. Now it runs on XP for few days with no problem. So I can say that the problem was probably in the way of controlling LPT by win7 driver or so.

Cheers

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 07:13:21 AM »
Good to hear you have it running, XP is what I use but I know many others have W7 so not sure why yours had problems but I would imagine you are just happy its running and dont care too much about W7.

Hood
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 12:10:18 PM »
...but I know many others have W7 so not sure why yours had problems...

Hood

That's still confusing me, as we also have few machines delivered with lic win7 that are running OK. Truly, not with same config... So I think that problem is definitely related to the certain onboard LPT - win7