Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:47:59 PM

Author Topic: SmoothStepper Modbus RPM DRO conflict  (Read 14463 times)

Re: SmoothStepper Modbus RPM DRO conflict
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 09:53:16 PM »
Greg,

The thread title is "SmoothStepper Modbus RPM DRO conflict". This problem occurs when there is no index sensor attached. To start talking about threading and synchronising index sensors  just isn't relevent to this thread (it's a completely different topic) and  just adds confusion.

An index sensor synchronisation is also required for threading through the parallel port. But, that's also not relevant to this thread either.

Cheers,

Peter
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com
Re: SmoothStepper Modbus RPM DRO conflict
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 11:53:14 PM »
Hi Peter,

I understand the frustration when threads go off topic.  From my point of view, the thread wasn't just about the index not being connected because I needed to take a holistic approach to the problem if I was going to effectively solve it.  If I came up with a solution that didn't consider the case of threading, I might see another thread pop up tomorrow about threading not working.  I thought the thread was finished, and Jeff was capping it off with information that I thought was relative enough to the topic.  We can disagree about how relative it is, but I think it was relative enough.

Now we're definitely getting off topic!  :)

Cheers,

Greg