Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 07:03:52 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Release questions and the usual CV question  (Read 25461 times)

Re: Mach3 Release questions and the usual CV question
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2010, 08:34:13 AM »
Hello MarkA, I will take a look at my settings today or tomorrow and get back to you. The table has been running fairly trouble-free for the last two years, so I can't even remember what any of the settings are. The only issue we've had with the ShopCAM table is that the entire carriage twisted and was cutting slight parallelograms instead of squares and there's no easy adjustment of it. 
Re: Mach3 Release questions and the usual CV question
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2010, 01:34:16 PM »
I am glad to hear that it is running trouble free. gives me some confidence.

The First machine that ShopCam  delivered to us was not square. I tried to fix it but I remember there was no adjustment. The machine I have now has been modified since then. the change is this: The 3 elongated holes that are on each end of the steel plates that hold the gantry(carriage), have been bored out. I noticed on our first machine that the elongated holes should have been 90 degrees from the way they are so that if it was out of square you could loosen the 12 bolts that hold the gantry and pivot it until square, then tighten them back up.  I am still not sure how precise the machine is but it seems to be good enough for woodworking.