Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:33:34 AM

Author Topic: g-code stops  (Read 3279 times)

Offline euro

•  14 14
    • View Profile
g-code stops
« on: December 09, 2010, 01:11:10 AM »
hi guys have a problem,when i run g-gode wth the spindle turn on the code stops where ever no reason when i stop the spindle code runs perfect any ideas

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: g-code stops
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 03:13:23 AM »
Are you running a step & direction spindle or a constant speed spindle on a on/off relay.

Graham
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 03:25:01 AM »
Or some noise in wire from a VFD if you use one, shielded cable must be use.

Jeff

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 07:46:33 AM »
Sounds like it could be caused by an electrical noise issue.

Relays can produce current surge and voltage spikes also the contacts can arc producing electrical noise.
VFD's if not properly connected and the cabling shielded produce wide band noise from DC right up into the RF spectrum.

Are you using a relay or VFD for your spindle control ?

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline euro

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 12:24:17 PM »
im using a delta vdf i had my machine in storage for a year now ive set it up agian i had this problem from new and the tec couldnt figeur it out so he had me program the vfd so i was controlling the spindle ,a columbo, manaully and it worked but now its not i wired everything the same as before thanks guys

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 12:45:15 PM »
Check that the VFD is connected to ground (earth) properly and also that it is only connected to ground in one place to avoid a ground loop. (Connecting to ground at the power inlet and again to the machine frame will cause a ground loop if the machine frame is also connected to ground - does this make sense ?)
VFD's usually wire up right first time but when it goes wrong they are a real bugger. (having a VHF music radio on in the shop helps detect if any RF noise is present and needs shielding).

Tweakie.
PEACE