Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:53:36 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 bug tracking system?  (Read 2427 times)

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
Mach3 bug tracking system?
« on: December 09, 2010, 03:16:23 AM »
Is there a system in place that tracks bugs and the current status of the bug? On many software projects I have been involved in there is a bug tracking system in place where users can report issues. The issues will be tested and verified. If they do indeed exist they will be added to a list. They they can be scored by users to put the ones at the top that need the most attention. Each bug can show its status and who is working on it. This system helps organize problems and get them fixed. It also gives valuable feedback as to what to focus on first. I am asking if this or something similar exist because I find bugs quite often and I keep hearing "that is a know issue". Well it wasn't known to me. I would love to have a place to look at so I know my limitations of the software and the status of a fix. Maybe this is beyond the scope of resources here but a simple list would sure do wonders for me.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 bug tracking system?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 03:42:18 AM »
There was a bug report for a while but it got so cluttered up with people filing support questions that it was taking too much time to sift through all of them. It didnt help that  some thought  a problem should be posted to the bug report before posting here or on Yahoo, added to that that there were ones which may have actually been bugs but the posters didnt follow up with requested info such as xml's , files etc.
In the end it was stopped as being too much hassle for so little gain, maybe now Brian has a support guy employed it will open again but I think it will just be abused again and he will get pissed off very quickly.
Hood
Re: Mach3 bug tracking system?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 06:29:40 AM »
Saying that Dave on the MachStdMill forum seems to have done a good job as there is nothing now  ;D

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable