Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:59:56 PM

Author Topic: Inscribed circle, what am I missing?  (Read 35742 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Inscribed circle, what am I missing?
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 09:17:30 PM »
Dear Jim,
I heard you, but required a look and see by Art as to how the programing was done to confirm it. Additionaly a user found a display problem.
Happy that you have read the manual, since i can only write and can't read........ :D
RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 08:40:46 AM »
One last comment while Im on the run here, .. Yes, the manual was wrong.. but think fer a sec about where the manual came from!!  I wrote LazyTurn because peopel like Rich told me that there was a need. I spent months and months coding it and testing it ( With the help of Rich and a few others ) and its perpetually free.
  However, I do not have time to deal with it in terms of support or any other function overall..so it likely woudl have languished unused by most who dont have the patience to learn how to use it if not for RICH who took on manuals and helpfully provides support to people who ask how to do things. For this Rich has recieved nothing.. ( as LTurn makes nothing ). If theres a misunderstanding, or a mistake, it should be nothing other than noted, but he certainly should never be given a hard time about anything.

I truly consider LTurn to be more Rich's intellectual product more than mine. He took it from something I gave to users as a "Thanks for supporting me" , and ran with it to make it quite usable by anyone who needs such a program.

As such, he's one of those unsung hero's of the web who gets little other than questions about this or that, and dedicates some of his time to help. PLEASE dont even consider giving him a hard time about a misunderstanding on design or codeing.. the error's are typically mine, the results are his. :)

Art

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 09:18:16 AM »
I'm sorry , that last post was not intended to berate Rich. I was just frustrated that he continued to say the manual was correct as written despite all my efforts to say otherwise. So I over reacted as is so easy on the interweb.

I do sincerely appreciate all of Rich's contributions. I have read many many of his posts while learning LT and they have been exceptionally valuable. The manual is well written, and provided all the info I needed to get turning.

-Jim

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 11:09:12 PM »
Jim:

No hard feelings... forums dont convey emotion very well. Just thougth it'd be good to have it on the board that Rich is one valuable fellow in LTurns development. When he's wrong, its usually that Ive misinfomred him at some point. :)

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 07:08:24 AM »
No need to worry about me since there is a big difference on my end as to how something is taken. I am glad if a user finds something is incorrect, recommends a refinement, or questions something for understanding.
There will be more to come.  Now what happens after the comment is a different story. The base stays firm until impact is reviewed, put into perspective, and confirmed. Imeadiate reaction on my part is to go back and look at all the info.......some things are easy......but in this particular case, conflict was found in the info. Yep, 300 pages of info was reviewed and the question becomes ....why is all working when machining something, so what's really wrong and need an answer to the why part. Call that putting it into perspective.

So when saying "I heard ya"  it includes putting it into perspective and that sometimes is not as easy as one would think,
RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 09:46:06 AM »
I hear ya..

:)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 07:37:42 PM »
Hey Rich, just got an email advert showing what's coming up in the next Digital Machinist magazine. You're in it about Lazyturn, congrats my friend-

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 07:57:26 PM »
Excellent. I'll look forward to that issue..

Art  :)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 07:16:23 AM »
Thanks Dave,
Wasn't sure when the article would hit the street.
I am wondering if there will be an increase in the number of LT users and posters.
Guess we'll have to waite to waite and see.
RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 07:23:09 AM »
Yep, I'll have to find a newstand that actually carries that one. Pretty slim pickins around here with toolmaker type mags.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)