Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:31:51 PM

Author Topic: 3 PAGE LATHE SCREEN - WIZARD ADDITIONS  (Read 44388 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: 3 PAGE LATHE SCREEN - WIZARD ADDITIONS
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 01:08:11 PM »
Wes, Sorry about that as it went to my draft folder. Just sent it a few minutes ago.
RICH

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 01:21:43 PM »
Dan,

Here is what I got so far on the wizard you have requested. I am still finishing up on the code. Let me know what you think.

Wes

Hi Wes,

Looks great! Exactly what I was meaning. Just a minor display note - the workpiece image is not symmetrical about the centre line.

Dan

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 01:26:33 PM »
Rich,

I got them. They look great so far. I like how they are commented in the G-code. I think this will help allot when we start compounding things to make programs. I have started writing the record functions and might need a little help from Scott. Still reading a few things. :)

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 01:31:17 PM »

Hi Wes,

Looks great! Exactly what I was meaning. Just a minor display note - the workpiece image is not symmetrical about the centre line.

Dan

I know its not perfect. Most of the image is from the standard wizards images. Looks like they were planning to make this but never did. Anyways I really hope that someone with more graphic skills than I can help on that part. I get frustrated quickly working with images. I do however use solidworks and can create the shapes and maybe even use real view to render them life like. Too many irons in the fire. :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:33:01 PM by DaOne »

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 02:29:09 PM »
Wes,

A quick image. See attached.

Dan

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 02:31:31 PM »
DaOne,
I like how they are commented in the G-code.

Yep, forgot all about that, it's for dummies like me who only use them once in while and suggest that it is kept or added to in all the others. I can help with the bit maps.
Later,
RICH

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 02:45:42 PM »
Dan,

Looks  Great. Any chance you can make it 275 x 253 pixels? Maybe even make the small one too for the wizard selector? They are 150 x 150 pixels.

Rich,

Yes I will be adding comments to all the code. It will really help in a long program.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 03:08:42 PM »
Need a new one for the threading bmp, nothing fancy, just show a rod with thread on the end and a name. The current one was just a screen shot and looks like........
Later the tool paths, when appropriate,  can be added to them.
Like the teamwork, just think what could get done if we had about ten people in here!
That said, i wil be traveling tomorrow, so out of pocket for a day.
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 06:38:45 PM »
G32 WIZARD

CURRRENT STATE OF THE MACHINE
Threading of the part is complete, spindle is turning / coolant is on , and X & Z axes are at some point along the axis. It is assumed that that current
modes ie: inches / exact stop and tool etc have not been changed. It's also assumed the user saved settings in the whatvever thread wizard was
used and has not closed the current  thread file.

1. Spindle off
2. Reset / Estop/ the axes are disengaged for safety

MANUAL MEASUREMENT
The user will measure the thread, test with a thread gage, or try a nut or something to determine how much they want to remove from the oversize thread.
Most users don't even have a thread mic. I thought about having the wizard calculate what to do based on some measurements. It just opens up a can of
worms ( actual axis resolution, pitch dia basis, measurement averaging ) that is not worth having the wizard compute the correction. It's not only the as cut
diameter, but also  lead , tool, and other things that can affect  what the user ended up with. So KISS is going to be used such that only some spring
pass  is generated based on whatever the user inputs.

INPUTS FOR THE WIZARD:
The X must be positioned  and the same feedrate which was used in the threading wizard. Z start would usually  be positive  3 to 5 x pitch from Z=0 of the piece, but,
who knows what someone used. There is a difference between say using Scotts, the Simple Threading, or a G76. So the question is where can the data
for inputs best come from ( other than manual input). Note that the G32 will not provide for pullout other than "0" setting for a chamfer at the end of the thread.

Scott, not knowing just what data you can or can't get may  determine how the wizard is done ( or maybe shouldn't be done), thus some questions as follows:

?  assume the  current Z & X can be had from the DRO's
? can you extract data from the saved settings of the Simple Threading or your wizard.
? Is it possible to extract the last lines of code from a file and use them

Here is a list of data for the wizard: (> meaning data not input by the user if possible)
X> CURRENT LOCATION
X>END
Z>CURRENT LOCATION
F> FEEDRATE

X= USER INPUT FOR THREAD ADJUSTMENT
Z= USER INPUT ( MAYBE NEEDED IF CLEANING UP A MULTIPLE START THREAD / DON'T KNOW IF WE WANT TO GO THERE!)
F= USER INPUT ( i DON'T KNOW IF I WANT TO GET INTO THIS ONE.......EXPLAIN LATER)
N=USER INPUT FOR NUMBER OF PASSES

So the code the wizard provides will  reposition the X & Z ,  an x move to a position, G32 move to thread the piece,
and a return after the threading  to a position.

RICH

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 01:11:41 AM »
Ok Dan,

Give this a go... please be careful as it needs to be tested before you can rely on it. Also Mach does not display the stock correctly but the cuts look ok from the DROs. I would recommend cutting air a few times before using it to do any work.