Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:46:35 AM

Author Topic: Moving the 3D Display totally messes up steps...?  (Read 3815 times)

Moving the 3D Display totally messes up steps...?
« on: November 26, 2010, 09:52:59 AM »
Hi everyone.

I'm just starting to use mach3 (coming from EMC2) and learned it's ins and outs. I finally got a handle on how to configure the coordinate systems, limits and home so it was time I set things up and run a job. From image-to-gcode I loading a picture into Mach3, I can't really see any details on the Z and all of the x/y are straight lines. So I started the job and waited until it had several lines at the start. I wanted to watch the job continue from a perspective angle in the 3D display so I could see where it was at on the work piece, but when I began rotating the scene, the motors started to chug and axis's stopped moving; but on-screen it was still going right along. I stopped everything and checked the conditions and status and come to find out that HOME (both machine and part) were way off now.

So, has anyone experienced this, is this something that is suppose to be happening, a bug, or do I have that "special" installation that only one of a few million could get (I should play the lotto)?

Thanks for any input.

//Clint Alexander
Re: Moving the 3D Display totally messes up steps...?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 10:49:57 AM »
Clint

Best not to play around with the graphic display while running code, that includes moving the mouse surfing the web Etc Etc

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 11:02:15 AM »
In Rev 4, when it comes out, it should not be a problem but until then its as Phil says.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 12:57:02 PM »
In Rev 4, when it comes out Hood

What's Rev4 ? ;D

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 02:05:45 PM »
Its some sort of mythical beast I believe
Hood