Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:47:23 AM

Author Topic: Why is the 'X' axis moving  (Read 11142 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Why is the 'X' axis moving
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 05:55:13 PM »
Ha ha well I was thinking it was his other Granddad but eh see what you are getting at now ;)

When did you leave?
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 06:07:41 PM »
Oh hang on just read again and think I was right the first time, so take it your sone married a Dundonian lassie?
Hood
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 10:35:46 PM »
It's A long story. I'm from Texas, my wife was born and raised in Glasgow. We were married 45 years ago. and live here in Texas close to Houston. My oldest daughter married a boy from Lezie. So my Grandson's Grandfather lives in Lezie, Scotland. Just outside Glasgow............... And Scotland does have some of the prettiest girls in the world. ;)

Got it?  ???   ::)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:41:04 PM by gene8522 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 04:44:14 AM »
Well sort of but where does Dundee fit in ;D Presume it must be son in laws faither was originally a Dundonian?

Hood
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 05:24:51 AM »
gene8522

Nice looking build you have there.

Getting back to the problem  ;D you mentioned that you are almost happy apart from the occasional glitch since you upped the motor amps to 3amps

Look at your power supply it is only rated at 8amps you need some headroom, you could add another PS in there to give to give you a surplus

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 11:12:39 PM »
Dundee is only 12 miles from where I live.

If  you close Mach then look in the Mach3 folder you will see an icon named Drivertest.exe, double click on that and see if the pulse looks smooth, if there are large spikes or the line is very rough then you have pulsing problems.
If that is the case then it might be worth doing the optimisation steps, they are detailed in a file at the bottom of the Mach download page.
Hood
The drivertest.exe will not start. Is there somewhere I can download the file?

Hood is it raining in Dundee today? Dry and 22C here in Texas.
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 11:21:34 PM »
gene8522

Nice looking build you have there.

Getting back to the problem  ;D you mentioned that you are almost happy apart from the occasional glitch since you upped the motor amps to 3amps

Look at your power supply it is only rated at 8amps you need some headroom, you could add another PS in there to give to give you a surplus

Phil

My 36 volt Power supply is rated at 8.8 Amps. Do you think I should have  more?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 02:19:53 AM »
Drivertest comes with the Mach install. Did you have Mach running when you double clicked on it, if so close Mach and try again. If it still doesnt work try a reinstall of Mach over the top of itself. Just make sure you have your xml backed up in the unlikely event something goes wrong.

Dont know what its like in Dundee but its still dark, a bit of snow lying and minus 3 Deg C in Carnoustie.

Hood