Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:03:25 AM

Author Topic: maxpath 42 with mach3?  (Read 2224 times)

maxpath 42 with mach3?
« on: January 29, 2011, 05:34:05 PM »
Hey guys, first post on here...I hope this is the right place to be asking for help.

I have a small business where I kit indoor model airplanes, I have a maxpath 42 table and have had the long list of servo errors ect. after doing some research online I was pointed in the direction of mach3 to possibly help with my issues. Now the big issue is getting it to work with my CNC. I watched the tutorial video(s) on setting up the program...I followed what I thought were the correct steps but can not get my machine to work...I also do not get the high pitched scream from my table when its powered on(like I do with the original maxnc software). I did get it work for a few seconds but the X axis was coupled with the Z(im also not sure what settings were checked as I have not been able to get it to work since), shortly after the high pitch noise from the CNC went away and it quit moving(I checked it running the maxnc software and it powered up ok)could it be time to replace my controller and thats where my issues are coming form?  or do I just have mach3 setup wrong? 

It would be awesome if someone had a working XML file for a maxpath 42 that I could try?  or any other suggestions would be appreciated.

or if anyone knows of a "noob" guide to setting up mach3 that would also be greatly appreciated.

Chris