Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:25:42 AM

Author Topic: lathe z direction  (Read 2423 times)

lathe z direction
« on: November 26, 2010, 03:31:42 PM »
Hi,

I am helping a friend set up his lathe but i cannot get the z axis to run in the correct direction. AKA DRO Z+ traveling left to right away from the spindle when the spindle is on your left side.

So far i have tried.

changing the direction pin in Ports and Pin - this corrects it but the arrow keys work the wrong way.
i have also tried to change the Home/Limits reverse setting and combinations of the two.

All has the affect of having the DRO count the wrong way or having the jog go the wrong way.

I have also tried to reverse the motor by switching 2 of the stepper motor wire but this did not seam to have an affect.

is there a method of just changing the key configuration as everything else works fine. I did not build this machine and is a denford mach 3 conversion. i have built two machine and never been stuck like this, and spending excess time in a garage an 2deg C with no progress is not conducive to a clear train of thought.

Matt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: lathe z direction
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 04:52:22 PM »
Config then System HotKeys, just click on the Z--  and press the key you want then on the Z++ and the key you want.

Hood