Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:34:03 AM

Author Topic: Keygrabber Question  (Read 3641 times)

Keygrabber Question
« on: December 07, 2006, 07:53:53 PM »
Hello All,

I know that keygrabber can translate simple keystroke to complex ones, but can it also do the opposite? I ask this because I would like to use a small keypad mounted next to my monitor as quick means of editing programs and would need the keys to perform more than one function. I would like to set one key as shift or alt, something of that nature, and this would remap the keypad while depressed. I have messed with it but found I can only use 1 key for the Source key. Thanks for any help.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Keygrabber Question
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 08:28:48 PM »
Have you tried to set up any of your keypad keys as = special key in keygrabber? I know for instance you can have one button = alt. Another to equal 7. When you hold down the alt and hit 7, it is taken as alt 7. If you just hit the 7, it is taken as 7. I use this for a sort of lockout on some of my gamepad keys. I have one that equals alt or ctrl, can't remember, lets just say alt for arguments sake. I have three others, one each for x,y,z. set up my zero dros as alt x, alt y, alt z. I also use it for some three key functions to. ;D
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 11:58:09 AM »
I'm aware that I am able to program a key as a modifier, my thought was to set the "esc" key as my modifier and the use the combination of this modifier and another key to essentially double the amount of characters available. Problem is the source column only allows for a single key press. Am I just confused or is this not possible with keygrabber? Currently I'm using a small USB keyboard, I am open to suggestions to what others have done, I have an I-pac and enough inputs left as I figure I need 24 different characters for this. Thanks.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 04:50:32 PM »
The source key is your keypad, push button, etc. . It can only see one of these at the time. However, if you set one up as alt and another as 7, your pc will see that as a keystroke alt 7.  The translates too is where you put in your = key. You do not want to use the Esc key for anything. Be warned, there are keys that will still perform your operating system functions with Mach running, or at least that is the way I understand it. I don't know if i told you or not but check out the thread there is a God, keygrabber axis gain question. It has the default grabber file I set up there. You can download it and rename it, drag it into your Mach folder, open it thru keygrabber and play with it. I will post a reply in it to bring it to the front.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!