Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:27:38 AM

Author Topic: Impact engraving plugin  (Read 357626 times)

Re: Impact engraving plugin
« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2011, 12:52:30 PM »
Hi Tweakie

If you give me your address I'll send you a magnet of my to make your own tests...

You give my mail on my web.

I did a lot of work and it works very well.

Best regards
Andrea

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2011, 02:37:21 AM »
Thanks Andrea - PM sent.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2011, 07:17:22 AM »
Many, many thanks to Andrea (Robotmar), who has provided me with a couple of his magnets, I have now started out on the road of Impact Engraving.
It is extremely slow at 300mm/min compared with the laser but as nothing can catch fire (unlike the laser) the machine can be left unattended to just get on with the job. The initial results are extremely promising and now I have produced a “standard”, with which to compare my results, I can perhaps experiment with some different settings and magnet drive configurations.

Andrea has discovered a good combination here :-  the type of magnet, impacting the work on the return (spring) stroke and using one pole (phase) of a bipolar stepper motor driver as the power source. His method works beautifully and at the moment it is hard to see just where, or even if, any improvements to the system could possibly be made. Excellent work Andrea.

Something unexpected about this process is the sound – it sounds just like someone using a typewriter, an unusual sound to come from my CNC and a sound like I have not heard in years.

There is lots for me to learn here and I will post further results as I proceed.

If anyone else out there is using Art’s Impact/Laser plugin for impact work please let us know just how you are getting on with it and perhaps post some pictures of your work. Some information on your magnet and the drive source used would also be good.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2011, 07:56:44 AM »
Where do you get one of those? Looks functional and a lot safer than my laser. Wonder if you can set up multiple heads and get more productive. Have any idea what the life cycle is expected to be?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2011, 08:10:12 AM »
Andrea is the expert on this, I am just a beginner. His site has more details http://www.robotfactory.it/

At the moment I am thinking that more force than currently available may be necessary for Marble, slate etc. but as said earlier I still have a lot to learn and a lot of experimenting to do.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2011, 08:32:58 AM »
Sorry, I cant read Italian LOL

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 10, 2011, 08:40:31 AM »
Se vuoi farlo ti troverà il modo.  ;D ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2011, 10:44:20 AM »
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #178 on: August 10, 2011, 11:13:55 AM »
Cool thanks! that's a good start

Offline obal

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 18, 2011, 04:58:30 PM »