Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:01:55 AM

Author Topic: Impact engraving plugin  (Read 359429 times)

Offline obal

•  14 14
    • View Profile
Re: Impact engraving plugin
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2011, 01:52:08 PM »
Hallo ntlaser .
You have got old version firmware laser engraving.
See pictures .

Hello.I am posting the photos of the double image.With some other test I did ,I notice that the images come closer if i reduce the speed.I really dont know what to do!!
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2011, 02:03:30 PM »
obal,
I have the same version! Thanks anyway

Offline obal

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2011, 05:23:10 PM »
You have function Aspect Ratio ?

obal,
I have the same version! Thanks anyway

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2011, 03:58:37 AM »
Obal,

Please excuse me if I am wrong but I think it is you that has the older software version.
The aspect ratio box was removed from the latest version although it was still defined as version 2.00.075 (bit confusing perhaps)

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2011, 02:36:13 PM »
Tweakie hello.I would like to ask you if you know, if i copy the xml file of my crashed hard disk and i copy it to the new mach3 folder ,would it keep my motor etc abjustments?Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2011, 01:39:18 AM »
ntlaser,

Yes all settings are there (except any screen related macro's such as touch plate which are stored in the 1024.se1 or whatever screen file).

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2011, 03:56:10 AM »
Thanks
« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2011, 06:01:58 AM »
Hello,
The mode of operation of this plugin is through the pixels of an image? A pixel is a bit.
 1 bits white-----  laser ON
 1 bits black ------ laser OFF
 This is theoretically?
 The working speed has no effect?

The "use 40us you click at triggertime"
 What is it?

Best regards

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2011, 07:42:30 AM »
Hi Stitos,

I think we are going round in circles on this and perhaps ending up just where we started.  ;D

The mode of operation of this plugin is through the pixels of an image? A pixel is a bit.
 1 bits white-----  laser ON
 1 bits black ------ laser OFF

This is not quite true because the images that we use have individual pixels which could be 1 bit but are more usually 8 bits per pixel. The plugin has to resolve each pixel into a stream of single bits (laser on/off) with relation to time (distance travelled).

The working speed has no effect?

This is not quite true because each single bit (laser on / off transition) is related to time and distance travelled so the working speed has a profound effect. Time x Distance = Speed.

You have already established that if you slow the speed down the laser does not fire.

And I tried it and it goes well, I see strange is that when I very low speed (30cm/min) will not turn on the laser. "Should be activated at any speed?

The dynamics of the plugin are related to laser characteristics which are :-  'more depth of cut at either higher power or lower speed' and 'less depth of cut at either lower power or higher speed'. Only Art knows exactly how his mathematical calculations achieved this but it is darn clever because it works.

With my use of the plugin I am only able to resolve 5 variations (3 shades of Gray plus Black and White) from any given 8 bit pixel, not sure exactly why this is but the end results are acceptable so I am happy.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2011, 05:40:39 AM »
Hi,

The "use 40us you click at triggertime"
 What is it?

Thank