Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:33:30 AM

Author Topic: Scale Question  (Read 4684 times)

Scale Question
« on: October 30, 2010, 03:39:45 PM »
Having a problem with scale i think.

Ok heres what i have done,

In vectric Cut2d i have drawn a square 100mm * 100mm and exported it as  square.dxf,
I have then loaded square.dxf into Lazycam and then generated the Gcode, saved as square.tap
I have then loaded square.tap into Mach3 and run the program

If i leave scaling as 1.000 (default) it will cut a square over 200mm, i have got it to cut a square at around 105 - 110mm by setting the scale to 0.400. This seems wrong to me, any ideas whats going off?

Please dont tell me Cut2d is no good, i have just paid £111 for it and the wife is going to kill me when the CC statement drops through the door.

Thanks
Anthony.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:41:23 PM by Shaped »
Re: Scale Question
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 04:16:11 PM »
Anthony,
Try exporting from Cut2D as a gcode file and see if the problem still exists.  If so, you have a Mach3 setting wrong.  If the problem is fixed, you have a LazyCam setup problem.  Cut2D and LazyCam are both gcode generators.

Cut2D is an excellent program - worth every penny Vectric charges, IMHO.

Regards,
John Champlain
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 04:41:24 PM »
Hi John
I agree with you 110% on the Cut2d program, after a full week of trying diffrent programs and finding all of them to complex i downloaded cut2d trial and within 5 mins i paid them and had the full version as it looked and felt like someone as stupid as me could use it easy.

I have just found out how to generate Gcode in cut2d, will generate code and give it a try.

Thanks
Anthony.

Offline RonC

•  32 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »
Hi Anthony'
I use Vectric Vcarve Pro, just export the Gcode from Cut2d you don't need to mess with LazyCam.
Perfect results every time, you won't regret buying Cut2d.
Cheers
RonC
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 02:25:29 PM »
Seems to be sorted now, Im generating the Gcode with Cut2d and it is cutting at the correct size.

Allthough im having a little probem now and again when i load the gcode into mach, for some reason it just randomly adds circles to be cut on top of my the peice i wish to cut, no idea where these are coming from but to solve the problem i edit the peice slightly in cut2d and re-save/reload and they go away.

Anthony

Offline RonC

•  32 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 02:32:25 PM »
Hi Anthony,
Check in Mach, on the general config page that you have IJ mode set to inc,
that sometimes causes a problem like you descibe.
Cheers
RonC

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 02:43:35 PM »
Thanks Ron, im 99% sure mach does show IJ mode active or something like that on the "Condition" button on the Program Run page.

Will check tomorrow, bit cold to nip out to the workshop tonight.

Thankyou

Anthony.
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 04:49:38 PM »
Just a update in case anyone else has this problem. ( Scale )

It was a setting in mach3 in motor tuning, when i bought the machine there was a manual to set it up, but obviously i did not read it all correctly. The manual says to enter the following values in:-

Steps Per: 800
Velcocity: 1500
Acceleration: 200
Step pulse: 5
Dir Pulse: 3

Without entering the following values i was getting scale problems.
Im guessing the values you enter would be diffrent to what i have entered, but if you are having scale probs have a look at motor tuning.

BTW Ron, i set IJ to INC and i have not seen them random circles since, so thankyou very much for that fix.

Anthony.