Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:16:27 AM

Author Topic: mach 3.042 install on fresh win XP install and driver test won't work  (Read 11864 times)

Re: mach 3.042 install on fresh win XP install and driver test won't work
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 12:22:05 PM »
I had the same thing happening when trying to run at 45khz.  I never could go over 25khz reliably, even on a higher end PC.
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 01:29:10 PM »
well today i've invested the last $250 that this machine will ever get unless it runs.  i just bought a new computer for it and if it works i will post up the details and a comparison between what i had and what the new one is. 

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 09:56:45 AM »
Well the new computer seemed to solve the problem.  i don't know if the other one was just old or what, it did run at one point in time.  anyway the new machine is a intel core duo E7550 with a gigabyte mother board, 4 gb of ram and the intel video chipset.  i added a 320 gb hard drive and am running win xp.  so far zero problems and its been on for two days straight.  i periodically go and fiddle with the control to make sure that its still on and do some jogging, run a short program and then let it sit.  before it would lock up while changing screeens, activating a program, or just sitting there. 

my computer guru surmises that the ram is bad in the old setup.  but its not worth trying to locate old ram to keep it going.