Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:50:49 AM

Author Topic: Abnormal Condition - Axis are not refered to normal condition  (Read 17017 times)

Hi to all,
I've been setting up Mach3 and have been getting this message "Abnormal Condition - Axis are not refered to normal condition". I have been reading similar posts on this forum but none seems to give an approximation of what could trigger this warning. I have had this warning recently for no reason at all as I do not recall modifying any parameters related to axis. I can easily dismiss this warning as normal (as proposed on other posts) however one cannot keep dismissing unexplained warnings that show up, otherwise the sense of drawing the attention is lost whenever something goes wrong. Can anyone give me an idea of what could have triggered this particular warning or is it related to? And what does "Axis are not refered to normal condition" means exactly? Hope I'm not the only one out here!!
Thanks.
Marten Grima

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Abnormal Condition - Axis are not refered to normal condition
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 04:27:42 PM »
Tell us a bit about your machine, do you have reference (Home) switches fitted?  Have you done a Reference and still get this message? Have you changed any of the homing and limits settings recently, or altered their active state?

Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 04:47:43 PM »
Hi Hood,
Thanks for your reply, yes I have separate homing and limit switches for all axis and this message shows up right after referencing all X, Y & Z axis and running Mach3 on a Pentium 4 Duo Core - 2.2GHz and 2GB RAM. All seems to work as it should be but you know when you see a warning you start wondering if everything is actually OK. I do not recall changing limits on Mach3 although I will have another look to see if there have been any changes. As regarding to active state if any was altered it would signal out that it has reached it's position as soon as I hit the reference button. At the moment I am fine tuning / setting my servo motors, do you think this may be the cause? Could it be the "Motor Movement Profile" settings in the config menu?
Thanks
Marten Grima

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 04:59:56 PM »
Personally I am not a fan of that warning button, seems to me to be like microsofts "are you sure you want to do this" type messages, they tend to cause alarm to the wary and I think this is the same.
 If all is working fine then I would just double click it to set it as a normal condition, I know thats not really what you are wanting to hear but afraid I dont have an answer unless you have changed a setting with regards to the homing switches or maybe even softlimits. I think even changing a setting by mistake and putting it back right away can throw up this message but as I dont have it on my screen I dont see it much unless I am looking at someone elses xml or looking at the standard screenset to get answers for someone.
Hood

Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 05:06:34 PM »
No worries, thanks for dropping in your feed back, very much appreciated. In the mean time I'll have a look at the settings from previous settups and see what I can do.
Regards
Marten
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 02:49:10 PM »
For those of you still fighting with this, I think I got it figured out today:
Assuming your machine works perfectly well and you still get that annoying Yellow light "Abnormal Condition"
....You need to inform Mach3 what a normal condition is for your setup:
Start-up Mach3 and click [Ref All Home] when all axes have homed to their limit switches, click drop-down menu [Operator] and select [Set Normal Condition]
Mach3 should now accept this state as the "Normal Condition" and you should have a Green light indicating such when the machine has been home referenced.
Worked for me!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:51:32 PM by Cletus »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 11:23:08 AM »
Excellent explanation and solution Cletus.

Tweakie.
PEACE