Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:33:25 AM

Author Topic: Copycat License ?  (Read 4529 times)

Offline JMF

•  62 62
    • View Profile
Copycat License ?
« on: February 02, 2014, 12:40:48 AM »
I have a licensed copy of Mach3 and would like to use Copycat, what license is required to use CopyCat ?

Thanks,
          John

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Copycat License ?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 04:52:52 AM »
It would seem it requires the AddOns licence, http://www.machsupport.com/software/mach3-addons-for-mill/
Hood

Offline JMF

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 09:26:53 AM »
I found it and bought it, I setup a nice USB Microscope on my machine, and I want to mess with the copycat addon, looks pretty cool.

Thanks Hood !

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 10:21:41 AM »
There is Copycat writeup in Members Docs which you should find usefull.

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 10:33:51 AM »
John,
Appreaciate any feed back on the manual. I haven't used CopyCat in long time, so as a new user, any comments you would have
will be usefull. It's a neat program.

One of the things required for making it quick and easier use would be using a Microsoft Xbox controller and a plug in is available for it.

RICH

Offline JMF

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 12:32:41 AM »
John,
Appreaciate any feed back on the manual. I haven't used CopyCat in long time, so as a new user, any comments you would have
will be usefull. It's a neat program.

One of the things required for making it quick and easier use would be using a Microsoft Xbox controller and a plug in is available for it.

RICH

I started going through the manual and so far it's good, I will let you know how it goes.

Offline JMF

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 08:54:41 PM »
Rich,

I'm almost through the manual, I'm up to Appendix A and so far it's very good, couple of things though, maybe for the samples on the arcs and circles it would be nice if numbers were provided to do the moves to, I wasn't really sure what numbers exactly to put in, I finally got it and it works great, also in the circle probing instructions you have teach a, b, c  instead of touch a, b and c, just a typo.

I tried the 3 point circle with a 200X microscope mounted on my machine on a quarter and the accuracy of the dimensions was amazing,
I measured the quarter with a digital caliper and it read ~.9435, then I did the 3 point circle and it gave me a measurement of .944, wow !

The pics below are of two different quarters.