Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:08:49 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 and limit switches being seperate of wired into one input.  (Read 14603 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 and limit switches being seperate of wired into one input.
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 09:04:00 AM »
Mike
I cant recall ever seeing that setting, where is it?
As far as I am aware that is the normal way the axis will home when you press the RefAll button, Z first, Y, X then A etc, unless the VB in it is customised of course, but maybe that setting you refer to is chosen by default and that is why.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 12:39:07 PM »
Hi Hood,
Notice the IIRC on the end of my last. as apparently I didn't remember correctly.

I must be confusing this with something else.

According to the manual you can combine all of the limits to one input and all the homes to another, as long as you remove the ref all function from your screen set.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 02:11:47 PM »
Mike,
 I am wondering if that was possibly a setting in Mach2 as it does sound vaguely familiar to me.
Regarding the manual,  it would seem to me it  is wrong. As far as I am aware you can have all limits/homes combined and entering via one Input and the RefAll will work perfectly, so not sure why the manual says that.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »
Could it be possible to have all switches together with a machine where there is a slave axis like mine.

How would you do that if I have separate switches for the X axis, one on each side to square the gantry.

I would like to do that since I use 4 separate inputs, one for each switch.

Jeff

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 05:42:56 PM »
I am not sure how slaving and homing work work, I know there are settings on General Config for it but the only machine I have with a slaved axis is the coil winder (dual spindles) and I dont have home switches on them.
Hood
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 05:06:42 PM »
Mike,
 I am wondering if that was possibly a setting in Mach2 as it does sound vaguely familiar to me.
Regarding the manual,  it would seem to me it  is wrong. As far as I am aware you can have all limits/homes combined and entering via one Input and the RefAll will work perfectly, so not sure why the manual says that.
Hood

Hi Hood,
I figured out where I have seen it. It is a DSPMC specific check box that is part of the integrated axis works. Since I have 2 of them I forget that everybody doesn't use them.

A friend of mine is hooking all of his limits and home to one input so we will see what happens. Although he is not completely finished it seems to be working well so far.
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 05:23:33 PM »
That would explain it, not many settings in Mach I havent seen, thats not to say that I know what all the settings do though ;D
Hood